My maze brain coral needs help

Still_human

Everything in my tank is doing just fine or better, EXCEPT this maze colony, and a frag of the same, or very similar type of brain, which are slowly dying back. The rest of them looks fine, but they’ve been receding for a couple weeks now(thankfully very slowly). I actually had another small colony of a different type of maze, die the same way, just prior to this. I have other brains, and even maze brain drags that r still doing just fine. The 2 currently affected aren’t in the same spot. I did a dip very early on, but there didn’t seem to be any difference, so I haven’t done any since. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to help my little guy?

BEA0CAA8-25FB-4549-B860-AE4C760619F7.jpeg

Edited by Still_human

(edited)
18 hours ago, ReefAddict said:

I’m sure you have already, but anytime I have unexplained issues I go back and test my parameters.  I usually find my Alk or some other parameter is off. 

Yeah, but sadly I didn’t find anything I could fix:/

...well, only sadly in the way that I would have figured out what’s wrong, of course

Edited by Still_human

• 4 weeks later...

If the issue is still ongoing... Please post parameters, a full tank shot, details about your tank, and details about the coral (how long you've had it, if you did any dips, any QT, etc.) Please include a list of fish as well. Sorry I just saw this.

I would try target feeding it late at night or very early in the morning when it's in feeding mode with all its little tentacles out.  Something small like cyclopeeze.

Feeding won't address the underlying problem (unless that IS the problem), but it may slow the decline.