Coral in the Capital

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I moved my tank from one side of my house to the other….. I hated the aqua scape and how much it turned into just being a big pile of rocks as I couldn’t put it back together correctly…. I thought I was going to be buying a bigger house in the near term, so I held off changing it until I moved and would just upgrade… but with interest rates being 7% that isn’t happening anytime soon ?.

So I have decided that I am going to rebuild my entire aquascape with a custom structure, doing about 1/3 of the tank at a time. Its going to take a lot of prep work removing coral colonies, fragging, etc… But I think it will be well worth it. This should open up a lot of space in my tank for more coral growth as well as improve the general flow of tank along with the aesthetics.

This should be fun! Utilizing two little fishes STAX rock and Marco rock rubble with epoxy and super glue with a bit of sand thrown in to make it look “natural”.

8FBFD92F-06EF-4A20-B1FF-724066808B9C.thumb.jpeg.a8f802c24b030d1103cdc20fc0e9a41d.jpeg

Newest addition that came from dr Mac today! (Its on a rock under the sand)

5BD5F70D-D794-4778-A8D3-4F7D60C036E0.thumb.jpeg.f6b943ab96b6ee783ee0d49105bbbf8f.jpeg

• ccurnick changed the title to Coral in the Capital
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Looks great, Colin. Question. Does Dr. Mac ship their clams with them attached to a rock (or something)?

They come attached to really corse crushed coral substrate.