Flipper Algae Magnet Cleaner

lynn.reef.nerd

I have the same one and like it a lot. I do however pull it out of the tank after using it. My thinking is two fold, one I don’t like the idea of keeping a metal blade in my tank though I don’t have any concrete evidence one way or another. And two, I hate it when scrapers grow more corraline than rocks! Sort of kidding I the corraline but I just don’t want all kinds of growth on my scrapers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All scrapers should be kept OUTSIDE the tank. Flippers ok, have the nano. Still prefer Algae Free, just personal pref.

I have not removed my flipper from my tank since I added it. Been 2+ years. Remove to clean algae growth once in while. Still good as day 1 and not rusting or anything to the blade whatsoever.

I leave mine in. 1 has been in my tank for 4 years and the other for a year.

I think you'll find that if you leave it in, you might get some algae growth on the padded side. I've noticed that, but probably because I have a super dirty tank!

For those of you using the flipper or other magnets how does it do around silicone edges? Are you using something different? I have a magnet using on my glass and then scrubbing glass tank edges with a separate pad. Been a pain with coralline. Wondering best way?