Fish took a ride down siphon tube

gmerek2

I was really surprised when I saw my small clownfish come shooting out the end of my siphon tube into the water change bucket. I bought some red legs to acclimate and am doing a water change. He seems ok. I’ll keep you guys updated. Let me know if this has happened to you489f8faaedf5d4f9cf983b87235b342b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did it two times in a row (about 20 seconds apart) about six years ago LOL. He was a mean lil son of a gun and always bit me too; I should have siphoned him into the toilet one day!

He’s eating like a pig and I am now regretting the stupid post. Was yours a maroon clown? Won’t buy them again. But I did like watching it host anemone. True love. but hated my fingers and attacked also. Drew blood once

He’s eating like a pig and I am now regretting the stupid post. Was yours a maroon clown? Won’t buy them again. But I did like watching it host anemone. True love. but hated my fingers and attacked also. Drew blood once

No, just an ornery ocellaris. I did have a gold stripe maroon that was a pain though; never messed with other fish (or me) but did kill a gorgeous green bubble coral when it decided that to be a much better home than an anemone. I tried to get him/her out for months to no avail. A few months later, I accidentally caught it in a brine net when I was feeding the tank; I promptly bagged him/her up and took it to the LFS. 

That has happened to me in the past. Gotta be careful!

I attacked a supervicious maroon clown once with a siphon hose. I got him right on the side with the suction and it left a ring on his side.

He never attacked me again.

Geez, Rob. Did you do that on purpose?