A few aptasia... my options..

GOSKN5

I second Rob on the filefish. They are neat little fish. Also I bet you could reach them with a majano wand if you can see them. QR used to have one that they rented out. It's very satisfying to get them with a majano wand.

• 4 months later...

My success in display tank.

I bought peppermint shrimp, used aptasia-x, kalkwasser, boiling water - limited success

The peppermint shrimp with one spot Fox face is the winner - the one spot didn’t start eating until it was in the tank about 8 months but now the aptasia are in my frag and sump but none in display. The peppermints keep the little ones away

I ordered the berghia from the place in Cali - 6 at $14.00 each and they never showed up - who hascthem local to sell?

Boiling water.  I actually got rid of 100% of all my aptasia.  Took a while but I somehow won the war. 

I would only see 1 or 2 pop up at any one time.  Sometimes in the gavel, but usually in my rocks.  I know the rock they came in on so I removed that rock in spite of being a cool cave for my fish.  Then I purchased a large plastic syringe.  This one  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P90N3BY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's HUGE.  IF you do this, be VERY VERY careful.  You can burn yourself very easily.  First, I put some RODI tubing at the end of clear hose which came w/the syringe.  It allowed for a more directed stream.   Boil water in a container and carefully suck it up into the syringe.  Quickly fire it into the target before it cools off.  Soon as the hose goes into the water, it begins to cool very rapidly so you want to be careful 1) not to burn yourself, corals, or critters.  2) fire into the anem.  

The cool thing about this procedure is that it burns it completely off the rock.  Sometimes you can even see the little son of a gun's corpse float away an suck it back up in the tube.

PLEASE be careful if doing this.  

Is there a product or solution that does not have to be injected? That can just be squirted on the aptasia?

Also, is that same product harmful to other corals that are nearby? What about rock flower nems (not very close, but in tank)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ve had zero success with peppermint shrimp. They seem to die rather quickly in my tank which is strange because I currently have fish in there that have been alive for 5 years. They do sell them at fintastic for 4 bucks so yes you can get 25 for 100. I’d like to try a filefish but will they eat LPS and SPS? I have no softies other than Yuma mushrooms.

I put four peppermint shrimp in my 150 just to see what they would do. Thought they all had died, couple moths later I have at least two barely visible in a couple rock openings. They are good at hiding and really come out. Don’t venture far or move around much. Maybe success is in a small tank? Or having a ton of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well my harlequin basslet died for some u known reason.. sad to see him go but meant I could add shrimp..

I got 4 peppermint shrimp about 2 weeks ago... only 3 visible in the tank for the last week...

Came home this evening and literally all aiptasia that were visible were gone...

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.. it was at least 10-15 aiptasia.. now none I can see...

Should I worry they will now move on to zoas??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk