Pods eating flake food

gmerek2

Cool. I didn't know that pods eat that stuff.

If it weren't for the RBTA at the bottom, it's easy to have a distorted sense of scale and see that you're raising monster amphipods.

giant_amphipods.png

Ha. You guys must be really bored. I didnt know they did either. They are surfacing at top of the nem basket to reach the floating flake. It’s good to know our leftover flake isn’t going to waste but they need to stop begging like a spoiled dog. The fish are bad enough embarrassing me in front of my guests with the impatient begging.

Ha. You guys must be really bored. I didnt know they did either. They are surfacing at top of the nem basket to reach the floating flake. It’s good to know our leftover flake isn’t going to waste but they need to stop begging like a spoiled dog. The fish are bad enough embarrassing me in front of my guests with the impatient begging.

We had to be to watch a video of pods eating flake food! ;-)

I used to love watching my various shrimp come out to do similarly. (Of course, these amphipods are closely related, so the behavior is similar.) Anyway, for some varieties (e.g. peppermints), you could see the food going into their bellies as they gorged on whatever came their way. Arms flailing to rake food in. Mouths moving. And bellies filling. Advantageous feeding... but they're pigs.  :laugh:  That's why they're a good part of a welcome clean up crew. 

Yea! All they do is eat, party and reproduce. So I guess they are fun to watch!!! They are silly too I wonder why the one did a bunch of flips for the camera. And I wonder if the one got ate by the anemone or if the anemone took its food from it