Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats! Did it walk off the rock you wanted it on?

Wanted it to heal in the box, my clowns are brutal tenants.

Will you be seeing up the fresh tank with one?

I think I’m going to give the maroons in the frag tank an upgrade. They have recently started hosting

2cd9f1c20496b144ae5f373910868bb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, roni said:

Looking good!  You doing t5 over this tank?

Thanks, Roni! Not indefinitely on the T5's. I wanted something immediately to start out with, and they fit the bill. This is also how I started with the nano, a 4 bulb sunpower. Feels a little like history repeating itself, as I remember I had to swap to LED's as the heat was getting to be too much for my Condo at that stage. I had electric bills in the summer upwards of almost $500 for a 650sq ft space. 

The tank is not going to be there forever either. The plan is to move it further down to the location that the 22 is in now, just not as close to the door into the office. I'll put a love seat or the chair over to the left of the tank, but it will run like a peninsula as well. That means I still have to remove the overflow, cover the current holes, and drill. 

Spoke with Ben today, he's going to make the top for me and then worry about the rest later, that way I can start building it out. There will be a perpetual "mess" for probably the next half year. The plan is to build a U shaped "facade" that will slide over the front of the steel stand, making it look like a wood stand, with doors on the left, right, and front. I have some really nice exaggerated and sloped red oak slabs that will be paired down together to make the ledges on the top. 

I love everything about the nano, and while this isn't exactly the same, I'd like to get it close. 

The dog wants it's couch back!

Real talk.

I like the mix and match that you did there!

I have visions, sometimes they come to fruition.

Look ma! No overflow box!

FE3FE454-3656-447A-94A2-CF2A91585795.thumb.jpeg.a1eed8ff61bbe1dc7cae00a53efc5c86.jpeg

2D137A5C-72A1-4526-B00C-65384C2849A7.thumb.jpeg.cfabb64a71714d594d610e84ad167140.jpeg

for my next trick, I’ll cover the holes in the bottom with some glass. Maybe figure out how to rotate photos with the WAMAS setup ?

Tank looks really clean!  I assume you'll glue glass on the inside pane?  I guess in a pinch you could also just cap the bulkheads?

1 hour ago, roni said:

Tank looks really clean!  I assume you'll glue glass on the inside pane?  I guess in a pinch you could also just cap the bulkheads?

thanks!

Yup, just some glass is the next step!

Nice tank! Hope you followed through with it this time around.

Oh, it’s happening.

As the above photos reflect, lest us not forget: This has turned into 3 tanks, 1 room. 

In an effort to alleviate that, I plan to condense all the tanks down into the 80 once it's slowly built out. Until then, enjoy some photos from the "frag tank" which is really just the zoanthid tank right now. I added two anemones for the Lightening Maroons. One full size, one that had gone through a powerhead. It's healing up nicely, and the baby daddy clown hosts down in there during the day, and joins big momma' up in the suite for the evenings. 

These fish suck. I mean, I can't put my hands anywhere in there without them tag team nipping at me. But man are they just gorgeous. The male has some beautiful spots, and the female has this blue outline around the black markings that is just stunning. When it comes to clowns, these are some of the most striking ones I've seen. 

Cristata Torch (Don't know what that is? Read about it here!) I've got about 4 heads in the frag tank, and there are another 10 baby heads sprouted!

51987692887_ba028c3e94_o.jpg

Trying to capture those blue lines on big momma' 

51988986869_58785b9911_o.jpg

a high light situation to highlight the blue

51989256920_4cd9f75b88_o.jpg

Zoa Grow Out

51989256590_c9ef83ef11_o.jpg

@ronijust wanted to show you some of that rainbow coloring that's appearing on these bad bois:

51989256735_17e58e79cd_o.jpg

18 hours ago, YHSublime said:

As the above photos reflect, lest us not forget: This has turned into 3 tanks, 1 room. 

In an effort to alleviate that, I plan to condense all the tanks down into the 80 once it's slowly built out. Until then, enjoy some photos from the "frag tank" which is really just the zoanthid tank right now. I added two anemones for the Lightening Maroons. One full size, one that had gone through a powerhead. It's healing up nicely, and the baby daddy clown hosts down in there during the day, and joins big momma' up in the suite for the evenings. 

These fish suck. I mean, I can't put my hands anywhere in there without them tag team nipping at me. But man are they just gorgeous. The male has some beautiful spots, and the female has this blue outline around the black markings that is just stunning. When it comes to clowns, these are some of the most striking ones I've seen. 

Cristata Torch (Don't know what that is? Read about it here!) I've got about 4 heads in the frag tank, and there are another 10 baby heads sprouted!

51987692887_ba028c3e94_o.jpg

Trying to capture those blue lines on big momma' 

51988986869_58785b9911_o.jpg

a high light situation to highlight the blue

51989256920_4cd9f75b88_o.jpg

Zoa Grow Out

51989256590_c9ef83ef11_o.jpg

@ronijust wanted to show you some of that rainbow coloring that's appearing on these bad bois:

51989256735_17e58e79cd_o.jpg

That's a great pic of the hammer!  Looking forward to seeing how it does.

Does your cristata play well with other euphyllia?  

It's funny you should mention the maroons.  I had a pair that initially stayed together until I added an anemone.  Then the female decided the anemone and the entire 24 gallon tank was hers other then a tiny spot under the return for the male.  She also bit me whenever I would work on the tank, biting the proverbial hand.  It made finding a new home for them easier :)

44 minutes ago, roni said:

That's a great pic of the hammer!  Looking forward to seeing how it does.

Does your cristata play well with other euphyllia?  

It's a great hammer! It plays well in a sense of they are all together in a small tank, but not exactly by each other, but they all seem to be doing great. 

50 minutes ago, roni said:

It's funny you should mention the maroons.  I had a pair that initially stayed together until I added an anemone.  Then the female decided the anemone and the entire 24 gallon tank was hers other then a tiny spot under the return for the male.  She also bit me whenever I would work on the tank, biting the proverbial hand.  It made finding a new home for them easier :)

They have two anemones, but one is a recovering anemone. Big Momma' found the big one, and Little Daddy found the healing one. At night they meet in the big one. 

They both nip my hands every time they go in the tank, but they are so nice looking! 

Here's some Friday Fire. Actually, just broke out the DSLR for THIS shot because that Bill Murray was looking fine:

51990807146_9294d39274_o.jpg

After about 3 years, I have finally done two things. First, I added a Smart Power Strip, this has been life changing, as I was able to move some big clunky manual timers, freeing up about 4 extra outlets per strip. Second, was I finally utilized the new power strip, and the Storm X controller to ramp up and down the lights. It's always been "the sun comes on when the sun comes on, and the sun goes off when the sun goes off." Now it's a nice steady ramp up, a nice steady ramp down, and the T5's switch on for 5 hours during the day. Hopefully with this kind of stability I will see more success with coral growth. My alk/calc consumption remains at 40ml of each bIonic solution daily, I think I should probably check magnesium soon, as I don't think I ever have, or added anything for it. 

Anyways, here's some photos.

51990866768_8cb5652452_o.jpg

51990807291_076f20020d_o.jpg

51990867208_46f5719f57_o.jpg

51990867313_6f7c14e435_o.jpg

51990807756_14edbd467b_o.jpg

51990867508_fff1c9a534_o.jpg

51990808041_459c7ef188_o.jpg

51989811202_1385af4430_o.jpg

51991367090_bacbb9b081_o.jpg

New Haitian Red Mouth rics in the frag tank:

51990866948_ee85da525e_o.jpg

Frag Tank:

51989810467_54df6aedd4_o.jpg

Nice! Which power strip did you get? Although my DT is on a controller, my mixing station is all powered by my Kasa.

Picture look great but they don’t make justice on how awesome it looks in person. Can’t wait for the new tank to get salty