Great ATO containers

WishNewFish

Hi,

I bought these containers for ATO and fresh saltwater mixing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Desert-Patrol-6-Gal-Water-Jug/16537207

It fits perfectly into my aquarium stand without occupying much space.

I cut the mouth/sprout off to make wider opening, installed the float valve switch for my RODI with auto shut off for my fresh water ATO and put the tunze osmolator pump inside the container.

For saltwater mixing container I was able to drop of two mj1200 one as a pump and other as a powerhead to mix water along with Float valve switch for rodi water.

Saves a ton of space in my stand and cheap compared to the 50-$100 ATO containers.

Nice. You do want to make sure they stay upright, though.

I have three of these at home for (fresh water) storage. Since we're on a well, we fill them with drinking water when we think there's a high risk that we might lose power. In a pinch, though, I could raid the 70 gallon storage tank in the fish room, I suppose....

I also used this under sink attachment so my waste RODI water goes to drain along with old saltwater from my tank,

found this attachment to be very useful.

I am using another mj1200 to pump out old saltwater using this attachment.

https://www.amazon.com/Eco-Tech-DLA-D-Reverse-Osmosis-Universal/dp/B01N0EAAM8/

I am using a flow restrictor/siphon preventer and zip tied the pipes above the drain level to prevent mishaps. 

Will try to automate water changes using controller in the future using float switches.

I am using one of those.

The spout is detachable, is flipped to the inside when the cap is on. There is a small hole (like .25" airline would fit in) with a plug in it, behind the handle.

I am using a float switch and annAqualifter for my top-off, not the gravity fed type ATO. I did use this container with an Eshopps ATO (which is gravity fed), for a very short time, and for that, I stuck a hose in the little hole that normally has the plug, then had the container sitting so that the hole with the line out was at the bottom (Insiliconed the hose in securely and had no leaking).

Thanks for sharing. I've been using these 5g stackable water storage containers for my ATO for the last three years (which are also food grade): https://www.thereadystore.com/water-storage/water-storage-containersThe Tunze ATO pump fits in easily. They are great to store extra rodi water in as well, so that I always have extra water on hand if needed.