Just had a big scare with the sump

Nelsonqd2015

Hi all,

Since last night the water falling into the inside tank overflow box was making a lot of noise. Much more that usual. Tonight I was  in the room when I saw that the pomp was sending a lot of  air bubbles into the fish tank. I got up and went to check what was wrong. The sump's water level was very low and the fish tank's water level was about to overflow. I turned the pomp off and the water level went back down.

I used a wire hanger and moved it around the overflow box. Turned the pomp on again and it was doing fine for a few minutes. Then it started to do the same thing again. It was a miracle I was home when this happened. 

Any ideas on what is going on? How do I unclog the overflow box or the pipe that goes down to the sump?

I look forward to hearing from all  ASAP.

Thanks,

Nelson  

Maybe there is a snail in there. I had a minor amount of water escape the top of a small tank because of a snail.

I love egg crate.

Hi all, 

Thanks for you replies. I took out some of the pipes and with the wire hanger checked to see if there was anything on the way. I didn't see or feel anything clogging the pipes. It seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

Nelson 

Is there an air vent at the top of your standpipe in your overflow? Sometimes an air bubble can get caught up there and, if flow is not strong enough to dislodge it, it can serve as a blockage.