What do you feed small mouthed corals?

sen5241b

I tried crushing pellets into smaller pieces but my chalice and cloves could not swallow them. I noticed some coral foods advertise small micron size. Also, what could a birdsnest coral eat?

I use polyp lab reef roids, I'm not sure if that's considered food but I've seen some great growth from all my corals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the stuff I've seen is like a liquid or something. I've never fed my corals because I already have a nutrition export issue. 

I've been using ESV freeze dried phytoplankton.

Most LPS I feed Mysis or whatever I feed my fish.  SPS I have used Reef Roids, but I don't use it much as there is probably more than enough for them to eat in the water. 

+1 fish poop. I also have a coffee grinder that I use to turn pellets into a fine dust, mix with water and use a turkey baster to spot feed any type of coral. I also have a ton of pods in my tanks. I usually rely on poop and pods. 

I think the size of the system, the other livestock, and maintenance considerations all make a difference in whether or not you would need or want to add anything extra for the corals.