Elos 160 Kitchen/Family room build

Fishie

hey wamas, thought I should start documenting this..my biggest hurdle right now is location!

I've always wanted a tank on the main level, I feel bad cause my basement tank gets very little foot traffic and ignored more than i'd like

here goes 

starting with LR, got about 50pounds of pukani

I decided to clean it well 

so power washed them quickly, Followed by a 24 hour bleach with 10:1 ratio

I let them dry overnight then added them to Muratic acid bath with roughly as 30:1 ratio for 1 hour.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the regular size brs pukani?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yes it is, i did ask for specific shapes and they sent me some really big pieces. 

in the past I've not gotten anything like this.

Correct it was pukani from brs , not live

Ah. Ok. That makes more sense. Nice looking rock though. Might be fun to try making caves or something. I saw they released a video a while ago showing that. I tried it myself with a really large rock I received. I cracked that rock in half in the process :(

Ah. Ok. That makes more sense. Nice looking rock though. Might be fun to try making caves or something. I saw they released a video a while ago showing that. I tried it myself with a really large rock I received. I cracked that rock in half in the process :(

oooh...bummer..

i am thinking about making two islands...and got some pvc pipes...

i also read about marco m400 mortar...debating how to proceed with either option

Are you planning on using those PVC bases? If so, I would suggest capping off the ends. I read a few years ago where someone had bases similar to yours and they started loosing fish after several years on no issues in the tank.

They discovered a huge bobbit worm that was living in the PVC. It was like 4-6 feet long. Hahaha

Are you planning on using those PVC bases? If so, I would suggest capping off the ends. I read a few years ago where someone had bases similar to yours and they started loosing fish after several years on no issues in the tank.

They discovered a huge bobbit worm that was living in the PVC. It was like 4-6 feet long. Hahaha

Omg , thx I will cap them now lol !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you planning for corals? How about the fish load? The amount of rock will limit the space for corals as most of it is vertical. Also, you might want more rock to provide surface area for beneficial bacteria to populate.

Are you planning for corals? How about the fish load? The amount of rock will limit the space for corals as most of it is vertical. Also, you might want more rock to provide surface area for beneficial bacteria to populate.

i'm planning anthias schools and some fish from my current tank to be moved to this..

so for coral i think i have enough top side room on the places for SPS colonies...you are right about places of vertical drops...but the width of those is good..so i can stack them around...as i get lower it will be softies anyway

i am also going to be adding BA Biobricks for the bio load in sump...because i don't want too many rocks in the display...i like the open feel more 

i did debate making one of the rocks more sideways...but stopped here for now..ill snag a top side pic to show