Blue tort experts

Lowefx

So my blue tort is growing great, polyps are great, seems to be getting a green tint to it. Especially in the deep crevices. I am using zeovit and my MH'S run 3.5 hrs, purple plus and blue plus 5hrs, 2x super atinic's 6 hrs.

6173883cbadfb579df0ebb834fa42475.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Many blue torts get a green tint to them. Nothing to worry about. If you want to get rid of the green just move it to higher light and sometimes that will make it all blue. 

I can't get much higher than what it it. It's about 3" from the top of the water, directly under a MH 150 phoenix 14k bulb...5" from water line.

GWS3-MY vivid rainbow delight lost all color but not dead yet. Where should that be placed?

150w may be part of the problem... they put out much less than a 250.  But nothing wrong with a bit of green on it, it looks plenty healthy.

Vivids rainbow delight is one of the toughest SPS to get good colors out of. Almost always browns out when fragged and introduced to a new system.  If the system is very stable new growth will have awesome colors.  It's not hard to keep alive, but it's notoriously difficult to get really good colors. 

So you have 4 T5's as well as the 150 halide. I found that 4 blue plus T5 are actually much more powerful than a 150w halide. I would slowly run the T5 for longer periods of time, and dump the actinic (almost no par), and replace with blue plus. Just me. Also, I would run the halide no less than 5hr a day.

Go slow with any changes though. Perhaps add a little time per day for the halide, then a month from now replace an actinic, then a month later the other. No rushing changes.

Edited by BowieReefer84

So you have 4 T5's as well as the 150 halide. I found that 4 blue plus T5 are actually much more powerful than a 150w halide. I would slowly run the T5 for longer periods of time, and dump the actinic (almost no par), and replace with blue plus. Just me. Also, I would run the halide no less than 5hr a day.

Go slow with any changes though. Perhaps add a little time per day for the halide, then a month from now replace an actinic, then a month later the other. No rushing changes.

Yes I have 2x 150w MH (6mo old ballast) phoenix 14k bulbs. And 4 48"T5s. I will replace with more blue plus next bulb replacement time. I'm concidering a E5 bulb for that glowing effect.

Yes I have 2x 150w MH (6mo old ballast) phoenix 14k bulbs. And 4 48"T5s. I will replace with more blue plus next bulb replacement time. I'm concidering a E5 bulb for that glowing effect.

I would make the jump to 250w halides   14k 250w phoenix's are awesome!