Help needed in Pg county?

cane

Any seasoned experts out there that would be willing to come check out my tank and make sure I am doing everything right. I am willing to pay the right person. The tank is a 90gal 110gal with sump. It has been up for about 8 months and doing good till recently. Started dosing Alk/calc 2 months ago and everyone was doing fine. But all of a sudden one of my tourches died and some of my zoas are dying and I do not know why. O I have also not been able to grow acans or scollies.

Getting great growth with everyone else. Last I run an apex. Please Help.

Water

Temp:77.5-78

Salinity: 1.025

PH:8.05 (daytime)

Alk:10.04 Dosing min recommend (BRS)

Calcium:500 Dosing min recommend (BRS )

Mag:1500

Started dosing because PH was always way to low 7.0 range. Can not get over 8.06 even with a fresh air line going outside from skimmer intake and dosing.

post-2635927-0-69119400-1480880328_thumb.jpg

post-2635927-0-27812300-1480880385_thumb.jpg

post-2635927-0-82892300-1480880411_thumb.jpg

Edited by cane

It has been at least 6 months

Time to recalibrate. Probes do drift and eventually wear out.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

When your zoas died, did they go suddenly or did they waste away? What about the torch?

Zero for both nitrate and phosphate.

I would add a fish or two, your pics look very clean, zoas and especially acans like some nutrients in the water column. 

In my 90 I have three tangs, six anthias, 2 clowns, 2 possom wrasses, a yellow wrasse and a mandarin. 

Edited by surf&turf

When your zoas died, did they go suddenly or did they waste away? What about the torch?

Waste away but not all of them. I have 4 colonies and only 1/3 of one of the colonies died off. The rest are fine.

I would add a fish or two, your pics look very clean, zoas and especially acans like some nutrients in the water column. 

In my 90 I have three tangs, six anthias, 2 clowns, 2 possom wrasses, a yellow wrasse and a mandarin.

Wow, You have a lot of fish. I only have 7 in the tank but I will go get more.

I would not suspect pH as the problem. Although, I'd still check calibration. As others have said, it could be a nutrient issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Some LPS in my experience can only handle but so much lighting. What intensity do you have your leds at? When I had black boxs after 45% on whites I would start to have issues with my acans, torches, and zoas.

Some LPS in my experience can only handle but so much lighting. What intensity do you have your leds at? When I had black boxs after 45% on whites I would start to have issues with my acans, torches, and zoas.

Set at about 40%. Getting great growth and zoas were doing very well the last 6 months.

Send me a PM. I live in Zip 20746 . Like GEICO Its what I do all I do REEFING LOL

I'm in 20748 if you ever wanna grab a beer and talk reefs

I live in Huntingtown and always go by Upper Marlboro. Send me a PM I can take a look at it.  I been in the hobby for a long time.