Christmas

Joshifer

I'm in one on R2R. They are setting it up using Elfster. It allows you to do wish list and pairs people up.

May be fun to have a Christmas party and exchange gifts in person :0) I know that can be a busy time and hard to get everyone together though.

I'm in one on R2R. They are setting it up using Elfster. It allows you to do wish list and pairs people up.

May be fun to have a Christmas party and exchange gifts in person :0) I know that can be a busy time and hard to get everyone together though.

Sounds fun. But I don't do public events lol

I'm gonna check with tom and the gang. Maybe do like a "post your gift partner" and maybe do like a $10 minimum gift. But post partners so people don't get stuff from everyone and not give someone something. Like a pairing thing.

Or is this asking for trouble? Lol

If there is a party, I would like to see a holiday frag swap. I don't get involved in Secret Santa things anymore... would rather spend money on people close to me, and if I want something cheap like a person would give in SS, I can buy it for myself. I have found that after so many rounds of SS, people end up just exchanging gift cards, which isn't much different from changing cash.

• 3 weeks later...

Party or no party?

Gathering at a restaurant at least?

Gathering at the ice rink for a WAMAS holiday skate night? (I work at a rink). There are party rooms to be rented for 75/hr if private space is desired. People can just party and forget the skating. Weekends might already be booked, and those skating sessions are crowded nightmares. Thursday nights 8pm is adults only and usually only a handful of regulars many of whom i know by name, but you wouldn't be able to bring kids on the ice. Tuesday nights 8pm is general public and not many people but more than on adult night. I work as a rink guard both of those nights, so Id have to talk boss into letting me either clock out or goof around on the clock (on a Tuesday that might be ok). The rink is only cold where the ice rinks are, so of a party room is used, people could bring stuff and it wont freeze to death.

Edited by treesprite

If there is a party, we have to sing "The 12 Days of Fishmas"

It looks like there is a total lack of interest.

Party or no party?

Gathering at a restaurant at least?

Gathering at the ice rink for a WAMAS holiday skate night? (I work at a rink). There are party rooms to be rented for 75/hr if private space is desired. People can just party and forget the skating. Weekends might already be booked, and those skating sessions are crowded nightmares. Thursday nights 8pm is adults only and usually only a handful of regulars many of whom i know by name, but you wouldn't be able to bring kids on the ice. Tuesday nights 8pm is general public and not many people but more than on adult night. I work as a rink guard both of those nights, so Id have to talk boss into letting me either clock out or goof around on the clock (on a Tuesday that might be ok). The rink is only cold where the ice rinks are, so of a party room is used, people could bring stuff and it wont freeze to death.

I work at a restaurant in old town alexandria va

It looks like there is a total lack of interest.

I remember Bill (OldReefer) having a get-together at his house a few years back. It was a lot of fun but wasn't what I'd call an "organized" WAMAS event. It was just a party.

That said, nothing would really keep anybody from hosting an old-fashioned party. 

Chad and I had a WAMAS camping trip a number of years back...

I remember. Unfortunately, I couldn't go.