Fish you've had experience with keeping

treesprite

Wondering from whom accurate and useful information is most likely to be pooled about various specific fish, or about various fish topics.

List the fish or fish topics for which you think you would be able to give a useful thread response (leave out fish you may have had but don't really understand; do list fish or topics you know well, though may not have actually kept).

Edited by treesprite

I think I could answer about damselfish (have 3 peacefully and done a bunch of research).. stippled clingfish and cardinalfish.. as well as blennies, gobies, clowns, dottybacks...

The fish that make me feel like "not a noob" when I talk about them, without being a broken record for everyone else, are: firefish, dragonets, certain gobies.

From me:

Halichoeres genus wrasses

Macropharyngodon genus wrasses

Nano gobies (Koumansetta, Gobiodon, Paragobius)

Watchman Gobies (Used to breed yellow watchman's out in CO)

Seahorses (Erectus and Reidi)  But not as good as Allyson :P

Firefish

Really the bottom line with being an "expert" is understanding the feeding pattern and whether it's a specialized eater and providing the right habitat for the fish.  I could call myself an expert with certain fish but the bottom line is that I'm not really an expert with any of them, I just set my tank and system up correctly to optimize their chances of surviving and thriving.