Christmas Tree Worms

Squishie89

Hey guys and gals. This Friday I am hoping to have delivered a Christmas Tree Worm Rock/coral. Do any of you know if I can dip it in anything? Maybe a quick rinse in some RODI water? Thanks!!

Oooh, how exciting! They are awesome little creatures. We have a rock of them. My daughter has done a ton of research on them. I will ask her about dipping them in the morning. If I remember correctly, most dips that will kill any hitchhikers, will also harm the worms :0/

I'd be afraid the osmotic shock might be hard on a Christmas Tree worm, but I have no experience here to rely on. However, a Google search turned up an old thread on RC posted by somebody who successfully dipped his Christmas Tree worm rock in Revive coral dip (and tank water) for 15 minutes back in 2012.

I've been waiting for the "in stock" email from one of the retailers for quite a while now; they have always been a favorite. Cant wait to see some pictures/video.

Edited by madweazl

No dipping QT the coral. It has been years.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Despite my attempts to keep my coral quarantine tank without any hitchikers, having dipped everything, stuff still got in. I will see when it arrives if maybe I can dip the bottom or something.

I've been waiting for the "in stock" email from one of the retailers for quite a while now; they have always been a favorite. Cant wait to see some pictures/video.

Well now that I purchased the one I want, Blue Zoo Aquatics gets them in their Collectors Choice, and has one other right now- https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productlistcc.asp?did=11&cid=354. Just sign up for the e-mails and you can see when they come in

Pic w/o blue lights?

Rather not, I have Kessil's with no controller so I rather not try and get the knobs/levels back to where they were. Some of the worms are legitimately blue.

Rather not, I have Kessil's with no controller so I rather not try and get the knobs/levels back to where they were. Some of the worms are legitimately blue.

Take a pic of the knobs and then make the adjustment. And just out of curiosity, where do you have your color knobs at?

Edited by madweazl