Lighting levels. Please help.

Joshifer

AI Prime. Mounted on the goose neck about 8 inches above the tank. The tank is 13 inch high. Are these levels okay? I'm gonna bump it up weekly til i get them at 100% mostly Euphs. In tank. some GSP and Xenia. But euphs are dominant. About 6 big pieces.

ef75fa41aac3789795724184b2e06ec0.jpg

Edited by Joshifer

Oh that's sucks with the radions you can control intensity so you can create better environments and also not melt your corals.

Hydra does that. Not the prime. Oh well. Thank you anyway

Yes, you can adjust intensity with the Prime. It's easier to do from a computer than mobile, but can still be done. You can set the overall light spectrum (10k, 12k, 20k, etc) and intensity (percentage). Right now you are in the custom spectrum mode, where you adjust the intensities of the individual colors. To toggle to the overall color spectrum mode, in your screenshot above, click on the circle thing to the left of the "Done" button. The outer circle is the spectrum and the inner circle is the intensity.

Your levels are really high, be careful you can cook your live stock. There is no need to have green or red that high. Red will just make the alge bloom.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Your levels are really high, be careful you can cook your live stock. There is no need to have green or red that high. Red will just make the alge bloom.

Oh I downloaded those settings said Its good for LPS I'll drop everything thanks.

Please lower your intensity.. my Radions are 18 inches above the water in my SPS display tank and my overall intensity is 70% Not the same light but use that as a guide... I would put your intensity at 40%... you can always raise it... You don't have any SPS yet. My display is  24 inches deep I think your's is less than that. I would try 20k setting first usually get decent color from that..  

Please lower your intensity.. my Radions are 18 inches above the water in my SPS display tank and my overall intensity is 70% Not the same light but use that as a guide... I would put your intensity at 40%... you can always raise it... You don't have any SPS yet. My display is 24 inches deep I think your's is less than that. I would try 20k setting first usually get decent color from that..

40? Okay thanks. I'll do it now.

Okay so I have it on 20000k at 40% as dpassar suggested. Thanks. I wasn't sure where to set it

Reds at 5% I just wanted that little pop the red gives the clowns. Green 0%

Yea I agree.. when I first started with LEDS I couldn't keep from bleaching everything out.. I recently decided to go insanely low with my levels... and I have had much better success holding colors...

Red (and green) does not make algae bloom; excess nutrients make nuisance algae bloom. I do agree with the intensity comments. FWIW, my intensities are set at 30% daylight and 40% actinic and I'm not having any issues.

Red (and green) does not make algae bloom; excess nutrients make nuisance algae bloom. I do agree with the intensity comments. FWIW, my intensities are set at 30% daylight and 40% actinic and I'm not having any issues.

I dropped it all but the green and red confuses me. Some say it makes algae some say it doesn't. I personally like the red. It makes purples oranges and reds pop. but I only got that at 10%.

I dropped it all but the green and red confuses me. Some say it makes algae some say it doesn't. I personally like the red. It makes purples oranges and reds pop. but I only got that at 10%.

People also say not to place an aquarium next to a window because the natural sunlight causes nuisance algae. Why it doesnt strike people odd that the very thing that makes all of this possible is somehow "bad" has always perplexed me. People say the greens and reds are useless but they are used as well. The below images have some useful information.

Chlorophyll-spectrum.jpg

This image provides a little bit of data on the penetration of various wavelengths. There are factors that influence this but generally, most of the corals we're adding to the aquarium are in very clear water.

0620B.jpg

This isnt to say you must have light in these ranges but it's something the inverts are receiving in nature (what all of us are trying to recreate in the home). The crazy color morphs you're seeing in the industry these days are due (in large part if not completely) to the light they're receiving.

Edited by madweazl