Uv sterilizer

Joshifer

Pretty cheap. The green killing machine. It's in the clearance bin for $15

Will I benefit from this in a 20 gallon? I can stick it in the back baffle. It'll be invisible

Like will it keep hair algae and other nuisance algaes and diseases at bay?

I think they do more harm than good on a reef tank but we all have our opinions.

I passed on it. I'll just keep up with water changes. Run skimmer. Phosgaurd etc. thanks.

I passed on it. I'll just keep up with water changes. Run skimmer. Phosgaurd etc. thanks.

Gather a number of opinions before you make a decision; many of us have vastly different methods to our madness. Doesnt make them right or wrong, just different.

Gather a number of opinions before you make a decision; many of us have vastly different methods to our madness. Doesnt make them right or wrong, just different.

I google everything then ask locals (on here) their opinions. Mostly everything on Google said kills BBs. I can't afford to kill any BBs right now tanks so young.

UV is fine at the right doses to kill off parasites and such. It will take any beneficial bacteria that are in the water column, but this is only a small fraction of what is living on the surfaces in your aquarium. John Coppolino (aka Copps) swears by UV. Research it and think about it for a while. There are a ton of things you can spend your money on in this hobby. Not all of it is needed and not all of it is needed right now. Spend wisely and enjoy.

UV is fine at the right doses to kill off parasites and such. It will take any beneficial bacteria that are in the water column, but this is only a small fraction of what is living on the surfaces in your aquarium. John Coppolino (aka Copps) swears by UV. Research it and think about it for a while. There are a ton of things you can spend your money on in this hobby. Not all of it is needed and not all of it is needed right now. Spend wisely and enjoy.

Thanks for the info tom. I was really only thinking about it because it was in the bargain bin. Their usually $70. But that ship has sailed. Someone bought it.