GSP sweeper

Joshifer

I know they don't have sweepers. But something inside it has them. Spighetti worm?

I know their harmless but it's irritating the coral.

Any tips to get it out? It's on a frag disc Half dollar piece sized. Didn't notice til lights out.

RO dip? Coral dip? Put it in a bowl and pull it out with a tweezer? High salinity dip in a bowl?

image_zps3sks3rrs.jpeg

Edited by Joshifer

Good question I have plenty and I just destroy there little homes if they get to close to,a coral but it is a pain I heard some reefers say they put a dab of reef glue where they pop up from.May work not sure though,same,goes for chemicals not sure that might work since they close up.I'll google more info on them but they r good imo since they capture debrie my 2 cents

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I can't tell from the picture. Is it a hard, hollow tube? If so, it may be a vermetid snail. I'd just pluck it out from the base if you thought it s the source of irritation for the coral.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

I would leave it alone. It's a natural inhabitant of GSP and doesn't harm the coral. The worms live use under the base mat of the coral. We strive to replicate a natural environment in our tanks and worms play a part of that. The worms help capture suspended particles in the water helping to keep the water clear and breakdown any waste items into smaller forms. Just my opinion, but I would leave it alone. If you decide to remove it then tweezers or covering it with super glue as was mentioned are options but trust me there are probably already a few others living under the coral already with is normal. 

I can't tell from the picture. Is it a hard, hollow tube? If so, it may be a vermetid snail. I'd just pluck it out from the base if you thought it s the source of irritation for the coral.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Digitate hydroids. Acordding to ID'ers. It's a bristle worm looking thing. Then at night shoots out a white sweeper.

Ill see how the coral does today it opened a lot late last night. It was mad all day lol. If that one piece where the bug is doesn't open its polyps then I'll use a tooth pick and tweezers and see what I can pull out.