Who has a flame angel

GOSKN5

I have always wanted one... every single time I try a "with caution" fish it backfires... but I find myself thinking about a flame...

Let me hear the horror stories and the lucky ones....

I'm on #4.

1. Introduced healthy, but it picked on sps enough to affect polyp extension but no damage to them. Sold it.

2. Triggered an ich outbreak and died. Didn't pick on corals.

3. Triggered marine velvet outbreak and died. Picked at my acans to keep them closed but no real damage.

4. Currently in my QT (I QT all my new arrivals due to 2 & 3 above) and will be in an anemone dominant tank.

They are pretty fish but they have been my "Eleanore" (gone in 60 seconds reference).

Edited by WheresTheReef

I have had one for about 2 years I got from Monkiboy.  Good citizen and eats everything.  Very active.  Sparred with my foxface initially when I put him in, but they came to an agreement.  Now he just chases other folks for fun from time to time, but isn't aggressive.  My tank has lots of space for people to get away and lots of things for him to explore, though, so that may factor into his good behavior.  He infrequently nips at the corals, so I don't get good polyp extension, but doesn't seem to do any damage.

I have a 120 and it's open.. a flame would be the largest fish in there... but the others can hang.. I'm more worried about the coral chomping.... I have gorgonians, euphyllias, softies, etc.. as well as several sps mini colonies... and a couple fleshy type LPS...

my gut tells me no haha... I have just always wanted to try one...

I'm getting a new fish list when the new tank is set up.  You may have an opportunity to try out mine in a few months if you're interested. 8)  

Probably my all time favorite reef fish. I got in the hobby with the plan to have a flame angel. Then as I learned more and more I realized that might not happen...

I have one in a 93 cube. Mixed reed including lps and sps. He hasn't bothered any of my coral. I also have a decent size maxima that he hasn't even looked at. If say as long as you have enough algae he can nip at on your rock you're golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk