hair algae? how to treat

edress714

What! I said What! A copperband! No, leave out the copperband. They don't eat algae. As a matter of fact, they hate algae, they can't even be in the same room as algae so forget them for algae. Your tank looks very young. Forget the algae for now and go out and have a nice glass of Merlot. It isn't that bad.

Here is my copperband sneering at some algae.

IMG_11261_zpsvpk2v46p.jpg

another thing I should mention. the rocks that have the growth are only two, these two were live rock that went dead in water that was in a bucket. maybe I should just throw them away?

manual removal would also help. hopefully it won't get that bad. i had to pull them out every now and then for a while. It might also be that your tank is maturing. good husbandry is the key.

it will sort itself out. Sadly, no fish or crab worked for me before. they could not have been less interested :dry: 

What! I said What! A copperband! No, leave out the copperband. They don't eat algae. As a matter of fact, they hate algae, they can't even be in the same room as algae so forget them for algae. Your tank looks very young. Forget the algae for now and go out and have a nice glass of Merlot. It isn't that bad.

Here is my copperband sneering at some algae.

IMG_11261_zpsvpk2v46p.jpg

Merlot to treat algae. Good suggestion. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

A CopperBand eating algae?!?!  :eek:  Foxface for sure, he seems to enjoy nothing more than tearing through "exotic" algaes in our experience