What dosing containers to use?

22bfan

I recently purchased a 4-head dosing system.

Went to Walmart and picked up a few cheap 2.5 gallon plastic water dispensers but one has cracked already.

What have you guys had success with?

I'd like to find containers larger than 1 gallon (id like to be able to mix suppliments 1 gallon at a time). The container should either be transparent or have a viewing window to show fluid level. My doser uses 1/4" line so a tap and straw to connect up to would be great, but i could always drill it myself.

Thanks in advance!!

Just a thought, but you could use a piece of clear hard tubing and a couple of right angle quick connects to put a level indicator on the side of an opaque bucket if you wanted.

I've got a large clear plastic tub of pretzels from BJ's that I'm looking forward to testing out, once we've polished them off. Seems sturdy, hopefully it holds up.

I use space saver jugs from BRS. I think they show a vid with them. 1 gal jug, 1/4 mur lok bulkhead, and 1/4 acrylic tub.

post-2635927-0-72232800-1464841754_thumb.jpg

post-2635927-0-14181800-1464841777_thumb.jpg

post-2635927-0-19128700-1464841792_thumb.jpg

I use 1 gallon vinegar jugs. I mix the chems in the mixing containers that came with my BRS 2 part dosing system then fill the 1 gallon jugs. I used these because no harmful chemicals were ever in them and when I mix a new batch it can set on the shelf settling while the tank consumes what's in the vinegar jugs. This works great for my set up as I do not use a lot of alc and calc right now.

All great suggestions.  Thanks for the responses.  A lot to consider. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wound up just using trusty and cheap 5 gallon buckets....lol