dying Frogspawn - only half

mling

Frog

Woke up this morning to find one half of my Frogspawn almost totally dead.
Why would the left side be OK and the right just die ?

Every thing else is ok.

It's hard to say if the other side will be OK without knowing what caused the issue in the first place. You could frag it if you were worried, but again, should figure out why first.

I had that happen to my frogspawn once, turns out my clown pair was loving up on it really hard, nearly rubbed the flesh right off the frogspawn.

was the skeletal structure damaged recently? sometimes they develop an internal infection after this occurs.

if the flesh recedes on the outside of the stalk, the head may also die. sometimes the flesh recedes slowly and then one day, it's dead.

It looks retracted. Is there something nearby that could send out sweepers to sting it? 

Frog-2

The only thing is the Duncan, but I thnk it is the Frogspwan that was stinging it.

was the skeletal structure damaged recently? sometimes they develop an internal infection after this occurs.

if the flesh recedes on the outside of the stalk, the head may also die. sometimes the flesh recedes slowly and then one day, it's dead.

This Frogspwan has been doing fine for about 2 years in the same location.  Both branches look the same one day then the one on the right melts away one morning.  As you can see it is now totally gone.

I am thinking of breaking off the dead branch as it might cause fin rips in fishes swimming near it ?

Edited by mling