Looking for Bryopsis

mogurnda

In case someone has a good growth and would be willing to bring to the meeting.  Always looking for a fresh supply.

Forgive my ignorance but why would you want Bryopsis?

Forgive my ignorance but why would you want Bryopsis?

As Alan says, I am culturing a few species of Elysia.  The one I work with most, E. clarki, really, really likes Bryopsis.  So far, the only times they have laid eggs on a regular basis have been when they have had tons of Bryopsis to eat.  You will probably not be surprised to hear that the collectors I get other species of algae from will not collect Bryopsis.

I understand why you would be puzzled that i would want such a pest.  I ask myself the same question when people sell red mushrooms or Anthelia.  One person's pest is another's pet.

By the way, does anyone want to buy some red mushrooms or Anthelia?  Lots available.

I ask myself the same question when people sell red mushrooms or Anthelia.  

BTW this was not intended as a dig at anyone.  I am just fighting with red mushrooms and Anthelia right now.

In case someone has a good growth and would be willing to bring to the meeting.  Always looking for a fresh supply.

I won't be at the meeting, but I could probably keep you stocked indefinitely. In fact, if you are interested, I would love to borrow/rent some slugs for a bit.

I won't be at the meeting, but I could probably keep you stocked indefinitely. In fact, if you are interested, I would love to borrow/rent some slugs for a bit.

Would love to get some from you.  Justin tried using the slugs on his system, but they are too dumb to stay put and get sucked into pumps.

theres still some at Justins....

Will need to contact him.  I thought he had defeated it.

As Alan says, I am culturing a few species of Elysia.  The one I work with most, E. clarki, really, really likes Bryopsis.  So far, the only times they have laid eggs on a regular basis have been when they have had tons of Bryopsis to eat.  You will probably not be surprised to hear that the collectors I get other species of algae from will not collect Bryopsis.

I understand why you would be puzzled that i would want such a pest.  I ask myself the same question when people sell red mushrooms or Anthelia.  One person's pest is another's pet.

By the way, does anyone want to buy some red mushrooms or Anthelia?  Lots available.

I think I can collect a reasonable amount for you. Care to trade for a couple of those red mushrooms?  :happy:

Would love to get some from you.

I just dumped about two handfuls this morning, but will set the next batch aside when I do a water change (maybe today or tomorrow).

Will take it to pm to arrange logistics.