Forum Software Upgrade tonight. WAMAS down at 9 PM (12/27).

Origami

I've been planning on upgrading the software for a few weeks now. Tonight seems as good a night as any. So, beginning at 9 PM, I'm going to take the forum down for an hour or two starting at 9 PM tonight so that I can perform the changes.

FYI: I'll be performing a partial backup during this process, so it may take a couple of hours or more. Thank you for your patience.

Update: The software is reporting warnings (when using a desktop browser) and I've got a service request opened. I seem to be able to see posts reasonably well in Tapatalk, but not with the browser. The forum is enabled for posting, but it's not working without showing warnings on desktop browsers. Bump in the road. Please stand by. Sorry for the delay.

Isaac, try clearing your cache or using another browser as a test.

The problem was a third-party plug-in.

Everybody:

Now that this particular issue is cleared up, I'm going to install some of the custom code that we normally have. This includes editing the first post in the for sale forum, hiding addresses from your view (Please keep in mind that only you can see your address. You'll notice that you can't see other people's address.) And a few other small things.

Hmmm. I'm getting warning messages when I try to edit a post. And when I make a new post. Do you see the same?

I could not start a new topic. I Got this error:Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 10 in/home/wamas/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1171

Tech support request has been elevated. I'm going that we get this fixed tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Isaac, try clearing your cache or using another browser as a test.

The problem was a third-party plug-in.

Everybody:

Now that this particular issue is cleared up, I'm going to install some of the custom code that we normally have. This includes editing the first post in the for sale forum, hiding addresses from your view (Please keep in mind that only you can see your address. You'll notice that you can't see other people's address.) And a few other small things.

No go as of an hour ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bad word filter is the next thing that was causing problems. Bad encodings for UTF-8 characters. I just cleaned the table up, so that should fix that issue. Post up if you're still seeing this particular problem.