Wil's 50g Rubbermaid Tub

WilRams

Sort of. At least for a few more days. After my basement issues I sold both my tanks and moved everything over to a 50g tub. 

65fe6abf-3525-499c-8ada-272317230907_zps

The tub got boring pretty quick. We also knew wanted something "easier" upstairs. The only suitable place was already my pups so... Hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

3073EE46-19A0-46D8-AA03-F8CD49B7D6D3_zps

After seeing them at MACNA I knew what tank I wanted just not the price. I waited for black friday and sure enough it went on sale. I clicked some buttons, drained my wallet and it arrived today. IM Lagoon 50

A252FDFC-86DE-473C-A801-B435289C92C3_zps

The plan is to reuse as much equipment as possible. No skimmer. All acan and zoas along with my current fish (yellow tang, tail spot blenny, sixline wrasse, and some snowflake clowns. Oh my nem too.

As for equipment I have and will use:

ATI 6x24W Dimmable SunPower

Cobalt Neotherm heater

Apex

Maxspect XF130

Icecap Gyre Module

Smart ATO

I will be in the need of a custom ATO reservoir to go behind this tank and want to add a 24" Reefbrite to the front. Other then that I have everything ready to go. Just have to put it together... My biggest debate now is BB or Sand? Sand might win as my gf really wants a goby/pistol shrimp combo. We'll see. This should hold me off while I get around to the big tank. Sorry for the huge pics.

I haven't finished it yet but as is correct it would be wrong. I still have to add the load bearing 2x4's on the inside of the top and bottom "boxes" if that makes sense. Just following the old rocketengineer thread on RC.

I'm going to be worried about your dog 24-7, no matter how overbuilt that stand is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

>Just following the old rocketengineer thread on RC.

Can you please post the link? (I'm new here, would much appreciate it.)

Thanks!

Yup! No problem. First time I have built my own stand but it came out pretty good and feels like I could park a truck on it.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169964

As for the tank I have been messing with the scape for a few days now and sleeping on it. I think I settled today so we'll see. I added a small layer of white craft foam between the black mat that came with the tank. It now looks like I painted the bottom white but if I change my mind I can easily go back to black. Also added a Reefbrite to my ATI. I'll fill it tomorrow and start the cycle!

Are you still keeping the crate underneath? I'm interested in possibly adopting the same concept, or system. That looks like an AIO?

IM Lagoon 50 AIO. Yup her crate is underneath. The pump is a little louder then I would like but not a deal breaker. She doesn't seem to mind.

1CDD5F9E-628F-4917-BD8F-33A272608736_zps