Finally Decided to Register and Post!

rsaavedra

Hi, I am Rafael, everyone calls me Raf, I'm located in Rockville, MD and work in NOVA. I have attended couple of WAMAS meetings and met some interesting, encouraging and knowledgeable people (Bob, Charlie97L, dude you know who you are T5 plans big tank - sorry but I forgot your name) Anyways, quick background had a whooping 24G NC and it cracked, well sad that it broke but it gave me a chance to pick up a brand new 46G AGA BF for 96.00; bad part is that I can be a compulsive spender (always want the best of every hobby I'm involved) so I once a month I have a small limit to spend (the temptation of a drug addict sitting in front of a table full of different drugs knowing that you can't have them no matter how much you want them) so I'm slowly making progress in the recovery and build. Donations are welcome for the new tank fund :) and did I forget to mention that contributions are tax deductible under charity ;)

If some of you remember in the zoo a few weeks back when the lady was making her presentation on the different tanks the kid that was driving her crazy with questions that is my kid Gio, also if some of you remember the meeting at Blue Ribbon Koi he was the lucky little dude that got the opportunity to draw the winning raffle tickets.

Anyways, I will see you all in the future and look forward to conversating with everyone.

Raf

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest seantadez

Hi, I am Rafael, everyone calls me Raf, I'm located in Rockville, MD and work in NOVA. I have attended couple of WAMAS meetings and met some interesting, encouraging and knowledgeable people (Bob, Charlie97L, dude you know who you are T5 plans big tank - sorry but I forgot your name) Anyways, quick background had a whooping 24G NC and it cracked, well sad that it broke but it gave me a chance to pick up a brand new 46G AGA BF for 96.00; bad part is that I can be a compulsive spender (always want the best of every hobby I'm involved) so I once a month I have a small limit to spend (the temptation of a drug addict sitting in front of a table full of different drugs knowing that you can't have them no matter how much you want them) so I'm slowly making progress in the recovery and build. Donations are welcome for the new tank fund :) and did I forget to mention that contributions are tax deductible under charity ;)

If some of you remember in the zoo a few weeks back when the lady was making her presentation on the different tanks the kid that was driving her crazy with questions that is my kid Gio, also if some of you remember the meeting at Blue Ribbon Koi he was the lucky little dude that got the opportunity to draw the winning raffle tickets.

Anyways, I will see you all in the future and look forward to conversating with everyone.

Raf

hi Rafael i think you speack spanish too.

si es asi bueno pues bienvenido a Wamas yo tenog un 65 galones que pronto convertire en un 90 o 120 dependiendo que encuentre primero... quizas tenga algunos corales para donarte si te interesa. un arbol verde fluorescente, algo de kenya tree no se mirare que mas puedo fragmentar... yo vivo en gaithersburg. cerca de rio.

Por cierto tengo un amigo al que contagie de la epidemia de los acuarios de arrecife, (con un poco mas de dinero en el banco que yo) y que se acaba de comprar dos tanques inmensos llenos de piedra peces y corales, los vamos a trasladar uno el sabado y el otro el domingo, uno de 150 galones y otro de 135, muchos corales y cosas saldran de alli para mi tanque jajajaja y ya veremos que puedo compartirte...

bueno sin mas carreta... espero que puedas entender mi mensaje ( me he encontrado con muchas personas aqui con nombres hispanos qu eno hablan ni una palabra en espanol. asi que espero que este no sea tu caso...)

bye

Antonio

Bienvenido Rafael

Welcome Rafael

Although some of us speak spanish (and other languages) we keep communications in english for everyone to understand and communicate freely. Let us know how we can help you build back, after all this is your club, let's make it happen.

Jacob

Guest seantadez

Bienvenido Rafael

Welcome Rafael

Although some of us speak spanish (and other languages) we keep communications in english for everyone to understand and communicate freely. Let us know how we can help you build back, after all this is your club, let's make it happen.

Jacob

sorry i post the messege in spanish cause my english is really bad... as you can see in my post, and i try to say many things to Rafael, my english is not enought for that.... i hope you can understand that...

hi Rafael i think you speack spanish too.

si es asi bueno pues bienvenido a Wamas yo tenog un 65 galones que pronto convertire en un 90 o 120 dependiendo que encuentre primero... quizas tenga algunos corales para donarte si te interesa. un arbol verde fluorescente, algo de kenya tree no se mirare que mas puedo fragmentar... yo vivo en gaithersburg. cerca de rio.

Por cierto tengo un amigo al que contagie de la epidemia de los acuarios de arrecife, (con un poco mas de dinero en el banco que yo) y que se acaba de comprar dos tanques inmensos llenos de piedra peces y corales, los vamos a trasladar uno el sabado y el otro el domingo, uno de 150 galones y otro de 135, muchos corales y cosas saldran de alli para mi tanque jajajaja y ya veremos que puedo compartirte...

bueno sin mas carreta... espero que puedas entender mi mensaje ( me he encontrado con muchas personas aqui con nombres hispanos qu eno hablan ni una palabra en espanol. asi que espero que este no sea tu caso...)

bye

Antonio

Antonio si hablo espa

Rafa

Colegio? UPI? o Poly?

esta bueno eso del Commander Anti Tang, Boricua Division, me rei con gusto al leerlo.

and by the way

we, ie parle France

yo parlo Italiano

io falo Portuguess

Ia gavaritz Parusski (Russian)

y mierda como los cubanos

sorry i post the messege in spanish cause my english is really bad... as you can see in my post, and i try to say many things to Rafael, my english is not enought for that.... i hope you can understand that...

Antonio

No need to be sorry. We all strugle with english, even those living here for centuries. You can express yourself and if someone dosen't understand either they ask or.... como decimos nosotros, "que se joda". :D

Rafa

Colegio? UPI? o Poly?

esta bueno eso del Commander Anti Tang, Boricua Division, me rei con gusto al leerlo.

and by the way

we, ie parle France

yo parlo Italiano

io falo Portuguess

Ia gavaritz Parusski (Russian)

y mierda como los cubanos

CJ, comenze en el RUM y termine Army, ahora trabajo para DOD. The Secret Operative and Commander of the Anti Tang Police, Boricua Division came out of Nano-Reef.com to which I was a regular and there is the ongoing JEDI Battle of the people with tangs on their Nano's and the advocates of having tangs on your Nano is cruelty even if they are baby 1-2" tangs and you fully understand that it needs to move out to a bigger home when it reach a bigger size, go figure, darn hippies...

Language barrier wasn't brag but more to make people feel welcome if the wanted to conversate on another language, I'm trying to learn ALIEN now!

Antonio

No need to be sorry. We all strugle with english, even those living here for centuries. You can express yourself and if someone dosen't understand either they ask or.... como decimos nosotros, "que se joda". :D

Same thing I told him, al que no le guste que se vaya 'pal Karajo! o menos vulgarmente "que cojan el monte y que no sean soba mangueras o pellisca

hey raf that was me with the big tank and the t5. i should get them on wednesday. glad to see you finally joined the board!!

jacob. "mierda"..... come on man!

i speak McSpanish!!

hey raf that was me with the big tank and the t5. i should get them on wednesday. glad to see you finally joined the board!!

jacob. "mierda"..... come on man!

i speak McSpanish!!

GaryL that's right dude, it is you...

I went with 6X39W T5's with the option of adding 2 more in the future for 8, I should receive them by next thursday.

Are you Chris from NR.com? If so we need to get together dude. Oh, Oh and thanks for the lead.

Hi Raf,

Yup that's me. Did you end up getting the Live Rock from him?

More Pictures of my work in progress, Remember Donations are Welcome!

Tank and Ghetto Stand

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Ghetto Canopy in the process of been painted

IMG_1312.jpg

Corals and Survivors

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

Live Rock Rubble for Refugium/Sump

IMG_1326.jpg

The DarkSide of the tank with no lights

IMG_1310.jpg

nice collection of zoanthids!

Well those are the survivors om 24G genocide, all the bad *** ones prettu much died and the ones that survived have lost come of the color, hopefully I can re aquascape soon and put them back on top, I'm always willing to trade once they are ready for fragging. I don't the conditions on the new tank, but on the old tank zoas used to spread like an out-of-control wildfire.