F&F

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4

Made the trip out to Fins and Feathers today. About 45 mins from Springfield, although an easy drive. Everything appeared in good health and there was a nice selection. Clam tank was stunning, had to restrain myself. Two that caught my eye were the $21 Pajama Cardinals and a bit of hair algae in the SPS tank. Other than that it was quite nice. 4 out of 5, and Sean is a super nice and helpful person.

Guest clownfish4

And you are hitting F&F on a bad day!

Care to elaborate?

Guest clownfish4

In my opinion a good fish store would look good on any day. I know from experience that hair algae doesn't just come and go. And pajama cardinals have not been that expensive in all the time I have been in this hobby. Like I said, its a nice store, but I wouldn't give it a 5 out of 5. 4 out of 5 is pretty good though. Keep up the good work Sean.

In my opinion a good fish store would look good on any day. I know from experience that hair algae doesn't just come and go. And pajama cardinals have not been that expensive in all the time I have been in this hobby. Like I said, its a nice store, but I wouldn't give it a 5 out of 5. 4 out of 5 is pretty good though. Keep up the good work Sean.

i think in terms of what day, he means regarding available stock... i think that was interpreted as part of the cause for the 4 stars, that the selection wasn't terrific.

i've seen PJs for 22 at 3 or 4 stores in the past few months. maybe just the price went up on them?

LFS in warrenton has PJ's for $9 if anyone is nterested, but that is about the only good thing they have. The rest of the store is less than desireable.

What I meant by "catching F&F on a bad day" is that there was almost nothing in the fish tanks. When the fish tanks are full, F&F is a 5+.

Also, when you look at prices @ F&F, remember they provide a VERY GENEROUS 20% off. So, the $21 Cards are $17 or so to you with your WAMAS card.

Visit F&F again after a good shipment. You will be impressed.

What I meant by "catching F&F on a bad day" is that there was almost nothing in the fish tanks. When the fish tanks are full, F&F is a 5+.

Also, when you look at prices @ F&F, remember they provide a VERY GENEROUS 20% off. So, the $21 Cards are $17 or so to you with your WAMAS card.

Visit F&F again after a good shipment. You will be impressed.

Thank you for support and the constructive criticism. Those PJ's are tank raised and cost a lil more. my wild caught Pj's go for 10-11 bucks depending on shipping. Not to make excuses or anything but we had a bigger week than i thought and with building the new quarantine stand, we didnt order much tat the end of the week....I hope you come and visit again on a better day, thanks for stopping by nonetheless. Anyways the stand is built. tanks and plumbing by this weekend. were back on track for fish now!

I've been to F&F a couple times. including this past week end.

It's a long way for me, about 45 or more minutes.

I've always been pretty impressed with the supply, equipment, and pricing.

I bought a supply of oyster eggs this weekend for about $15 that marine scene wanted

about $32 for IIRC. And I forgot to ask for the WAMAS discount, too.

If he could just do something about that vicious bird that always glares at me...

tim

Tank raised is the way to go with PJs. They are rapidly becoming endangered in the wild--way overcollected and in parts of the world where cyanide fishing is common. You should definitely be willing to fork over the extra cash for tank raised whenever available. Cheers to F&F for carrying those.

Tank raised is the way to go with PJs. They are rapidly becoming endangered in the wild--way overcollected and in parts of the world where cyanide fishing is common. You should definitely be willing to fork over the extra cash for tank raised whenever available. Cheers to F&F for carrying those.

yeah i was wondering if that was the case! :)