So where do you try to keep your Nitrates and Phospates?

Reefer_Madness

I am also more about the fish than the corals.

Do we have stats for Nirates and phosphates for primary Fish but not FOWLR tanks ? 

My fishes are fine in my system where Nitrates are under 100ppm.  Oldest fish is 11 years old.

I bought a colony from a member with a ULNS tank:

110_0534.jpg

After around 2 months in my old tank (Nitrates 1-2ppm and Phosphates .04-.06) the color was deeper.  You can see tons of maroon turf algae and bubble algae, so the "levels" probably were higher.

110_0600.jpg

I don't really sweat it anymore.  Last time I measured, N03 was 1ppm and P04 was .045.  Every time I try to drive it down to kill off some algae, my acros pale and eventually STN, even when I take it slowly.

I'll live with algae for much better color and IME faster growth.

110_0534.jpg

After around 2 months in my old tank (Nitrates 1-2ppm and Phosphates .04-.06) the color was deeper. You can see tons of maroon turf algae and bubble algae, so the "levels" probably were higher.

110_0600.jpg

I don't really sweat it anymore. Last time I measured, N03 was 1ppm and P04 was .045. Every time I try to drive it down to kill off some algae, my acros pale and eventually STN, even when I take it slowly.

I'll live with algae for much better color and IME faster growth.

I am having the same experiences. I'm not striving for "zero" any more. I like the colors and stability of my tank with a little nitrates and phosphates.

Btw - great looking growth!

After around 2 months in my old tank (Nitrates 1-2ppm and Phosphates .04-.06) the color was deeper.  You can see tons of maroon turf algae and bubble algae, so the "levels" probably were higher.

I don't really sweat it anymore.  Last time I measured, N03 was 1ppm and P04 was .045.  Every time I try to drive it down to kill off some algae, my acros pale and eventually STN, even when I take it slowly.

I'll live with algae for much better color and IME faster growth.

This has always been my experience.