I assume a Maxspect Gyre 150 would be ample water movement for a 110g?

TonyInVa

yah it would replace those.

Just to toss out a suggestion is get 4x Jebao Rw-8's instead because the maxspec's have been having horrible cable cracking problems.

What size tank do you have and what kind of rock work. These are Kool but are pretty linear on the flow.

Yeah, I would be concerned that one gyre would not be able to get in / around / behind the rock. With multiple power heads you can aim them where you want the flow to go.  I'd plan on keeping at least two of the tunze's to get some dynamic water flow. 

(edited)

I have a 180 and have been running the gyre xf150 so far no issues 2 months . Moves alot of water, and right now I run at 100percent power pulsing on/off. Does create gyre effect thru entire 6 ft tank......control buttons are not the easiest to read or operate so i only run at pulsing mode

However I am adding a mp40qd this week and plan to lower gyre power to 50-75 percent

Yes 1 gyre will be more the suffecient for a 120 however may want to add 1 smaller head also

Edited by harticus5

P.s I do like the rw idea...i even have a wp40 and wp 25 sitting around.... Just going with the mp40qd for the battery backup.

I know jaebo has battery backup to however looks kind of cheap

Personally I don't think you will be happy with only the gyre. If you do get it keep some of the others ones for supplementation.

I have the Gyre 180 in a 80ga bow front FALR w/ minimal rock work on forward/reverse 80/60% it does the job. I've lost several anemones though not anchoring and getting into the pump.

Yeah if you buy a Gyre you need to consider the live stock you have. Very small snails will shred your pump, I went through two sets before I put together a workable cover to keep them out.

from your posted pic. the left side has anemone, mushroom and leather finger corals are very close to it plus the rock. the rock will effect its wave back and forth. it also may blow away the anemone, the leather corals, mushroom if you turn it on at highest level.

Gyres are the only ones that I've seen literally disintegrate because of a snail getting inside- go with long time proven reliability- Tunze, Vortech, Koralia, etc.