Server Move - Advance Notice

Origami

After many years of being guest-hosted on a server which both we and the other party have outgrown, WAMAS will be transitioning to another (cloud-based) server and service in the coming days or week. The exact timing of this is not known to me at this moment, but the near-term result of the move should be shorter delays, and improved maintenance times and support. During the transition, WAMAS will be unavailable. We'll try as much as possible to minimize the down time. In conjunction with the move, we'll also be moving to new subscription management software. As a side-benefit, hopefully this will fix some of the Paypal portal problems we've experienced over the last year or so. (That's one of my hopes at least.)

Will this be similar to the fresh new R2R update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, R2R uses different software. We'll remain on IPB. We will eventually transition to IPB 4.0 but that will come sometime after we successfully transition the current site over and understand some of the changes that will demand of several of our customized features. Most things will (should) remain very stable looking for most people.

Server move will be happening today. It'll probably take 3-4 hours or more. We'll be taking this site down for maintenance during the transfer. I'll post a notice as I know more of when we'll be taking it down. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm hoping that things will run more smoothly on the other side of this change.

What will I do with no WAMAS for up to 5 hours???

Change your water. Clean your glass. Empty the skimmer. Take lots of pictures. ;-)

What will I do with no WAMAS for up to 5 hours???

Go outside :)

WAMAS is currently offline. If you're using Tapatalk and can read this, please log off. Tapatalk may be bypassing the offline state of the forum. Posts that have been made the last 2 hours may be lost during this server migration.

Yes and no. We lost the TOTM feature. I may have to have it all undone and find another solution.  :mad:

Taking the forum offline again.... 

Sorry!

My apologies.

We're still on the old server. After all the trouble we went through to migrate to a new platform, I was told that they could not migrate our nearly 10-year history of Tank of the Month. It was against the Invision provider's policy to migrate over custom html pages. Because TOTM is an integral part of telling our story and binding the community together, that became a deal-breaker. Even after nearly a month of back and forth, in which I was told that there would be no problem and the transfer would be seamless, we hit this snag. 

So, after all that, I had to point back to the old server until we're able to find another hosting solution that will provide for all of our needs.

(edited)

Wow! Such a shame! I am surprised they had an issue with that? I can't imagine it is that much of a problem to migrate custom html pages...

Edited by Mattiejay6

Go outside :)

Did a water change that night... only took 45 minutes so I ended up watching some baseball.