90g fish

Bruleyii

(edited)

Hey all, started a new thread because I didn't want to hijack another members thread(http://wamas.org/forums/topic/73150-recommendations-for-a-good-reef-safe-center-piece-fish-for-a-90g/). 

I have a few ideas for the type of fish I want for my tank. I just started my 90 about a month ago wanted to start putting a fish list together and wanted others ideas.

A few things I want in my tank are a wrasse (Im liking the carpenters wrasse), some bright anthias, some sand sifters (a diamond goby and maybe a pearl jawfish), and my girlfriend wants some(?) purple firefish. So thats a def. I also want a clam. I currently only have 2 clowns, some snails, crabs and a cleaner shrimp.

Do you guys think I should add one more fish or do you think that if I do it will be too much of a bioload for the tank?

Thanks

Edited by Bruleyii

Bioload is a function of system water volume, rock porosity and surface area, filtration, feeding, and maintenance. Just go slow and prioritize your fish...adding 1-2 at a time

Fire fish are jumpers so a top is a must. the lesser you keep your bio load the less work you will have in the future. It also depends how good your skimmer is.

Getting screen this weekend hopefully. Also my skimmer is a beast from what I'm told.

Do you guys think this is a decent fish list? I want opinions on how they would interact with each other and if anyone has experience with these types of fish(i.e. how many I can have together, personalities, how difficult they can be, reef issues, ect). 

What exactly is your fish list?

(edited)

A few things I want in my tank are a wrasse (Im liking the carpenters wrasse), some bright anthias, some sand sifters (a diamond goby and maybe a pearl jawfish), and my girlfriend wants some(?) purple firefish. So thats a def. I also want a clam. I currently only have 2 clowns, some snails, crabs and a cleaner shrimp.

I guess maybe some suggestions on fish in these areas. 

Edited by Bruleyii

I would go through some build threads on here and some other sites and nail down a species list rather than a vague idea of what you may want. Then you will be able to get some specific feedback on the fish from others experiences

I would browse live aquaria and check tank size and temperament of et I enjoyed.

I would browse live aquaria and check tank size and temperament of et I enjoyed.

That's actually what I have been doing. I've narrowed some down. I guess I need to post my narrowed list down and get feedback.

+1 go stalk some fish on Live Aquaria, come back and tell us what you like, then we'll tell you why it won't work!  :rolleyes: But really, that's a great place to start!

From what it sounds like, your list so far is

Wrasse (flasher/carpenters) very fun fish, make sure you have a lid. Wrasse are jumpers, along with the rest of the fish below.
Anthias make sure you do your research on what species. some require several feedings during the day and are more difficult to keep. 
Sand Sifter (diamond goby/pearly jawfish), my two cents; diamond gobies can be a hassle and move your sand around, not good for a clam or any corals on the sand. A jawfish is going to stay in one "house" and not really sift sand other than around it's dwelling.
Purple Firefish 
Clam

To go with the clowns and inverts you currently have. what type clowns do you have?

Sounds like a good start to me. Your fish list will change with what goes well with each other, that one fish at an lfs you just "had to have", etc. And what, no tang?  :tongue:

The clownfish are just the ocellarus clowns. As for a tang, I've read the 90 might be too small for one. We will see about one down the road.

I forgot to post I have 2 small BTA also.