How big is WAMAS?

Hello fish people. I am fairly new to the forum but so far I love being part of the WAMAS group and have meet some extremely nice people. I was just curious... How many members does WAMAS have?

I think last I heard it was around 850, that's not all paying members though. And I could be completely off! I'm sure an officer can crystallize this better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They put up an info graphic (is that a thing?) on the screen at the last meeting and I thought it said there were 2400 or so members, but maybe that was a total of paying and BB members.

Currently, at the bottom of the main forum screen it says there are 3,130 members. We have come a long way in the 15 years that I've been a member!

Wow, how off base was I?!

Interesting to see how many are still active in the hobby!

But how many of those people log in? How long will the site let a user go inactive before it deletes the account?

738 members (the dues-paying kind)

2336 bulletin board members

The balance of the 3,130 are vendors, sponsors, etc.

About 3 years ago, we scrubbed the rolls to remove old (non-member) bulletin board accounts that were inactive for 24 months or longer. I'm sure that these new numbers include people that are inactive, but the our dues-paying membership is among the largest in the nation for a local club.