Majano infestation

squiddly

Everywhere, all over.  I don't want to kill all of the brittle stars that live in the rock, but I'm not sure I have a choice at this point.  Any ideas?  It's my 24 gallon aquapod whose only 2 current inhabitants are 2 clowns (besides some cleaning crew).

And yeah, I've been gone awhile :-)

Now that thing looks cool!  Congratulations on your invention.  Can you use it hundreds of times in a row?  

Remember that, with a lot of manual erradication techniques (lasers, wands, kalk paste, sodium hydroxide, salt, etc.), you have to be able to access the pest. That often means that they have to be line-of-sight. If there are any in hidden places (behind rocks, under ledges), these will continue to grow and to propagate. Adding a biological control that'll hunt them down where they live can help get to a lot of these hard-to-reach places.

This makes sense.  I may make a trip to look at some new fishies later on today.

QR used to have a majano wand that they would rent to you with a deposit and small rental cost.  It does work well, but for a decent sized infestation you'll need to use it multiple times to grab the ones that are left from the ones you missed, so it pays to own one instead of renting it.