Hey I'm new to the saltwater tanks

Djword21

I too am in Bowie. What size are you looking for? You can access the sales section if you pay for a full membership. You'll find great deals

I would recommend a 40B they are usually on sale at local Petco's for $ per gallon whenever theres a Holiday, not sure if they did it for Presidents day, if you are thinking of a 55 gal I would encourage you to look for a 75 gal as 55's are really narrow I feel the same way about 90gals despite owning one I should have just picked up a 75gal instead.

I would get the biggest tank that fit's your space and budget, becoming a member is well worth the $20 fee, I have saved so much money buying from members, I wish I would have joined when I started out, I would have saved a ton on the initial startup.

you will find way better deals on here than any CL ad.

Good luck and welcome to WAMAS.

Under the "Forums" section. Open that up and go down to the- For Sale / WTB/ Want to trade section. You can then post a WANT TO BUY - WTB add, or search for what anyone has for sale at the moment.

welcome.

I pay the $20 fee where do I look for stuff for sale aT

Here you go. And welcome to the club!

40g does make for a nice little reef if you're stuck with a smaller space. There are some 36x18x18 tanks out there as well and they're great for a small reef. A 48" tank really starts to open up some fantastic options on the fish side of the equation though. 

DJ, please post any personal equipment needs, etc. in the FS/WTB forum. This is not the appropriate forum for commerce.