SPS Identification

Crob5965

Anyone have any idea what this is, I got it from a WAMAS member a while ago, not exactly sure who it was.

Thanks

Edited by Crob5965

Looks right to me, I have one, looks like green velvet. Mine is the ORA Kelly Green like your link.

Thanks Guys, I'm pretty sure I got it from Gmerk2, but not positive, whoever I got it from had a large piece of it, i'm looking forward to it growing out, it seems to be getting fatter rather than taller, it's doubled in width but grown 1/4-1/2" in about 6 months

Yep, psammocora all day long.  I really like mine; it reminds me of a golf fairway (mine only encrusts, and does not branch at all).   

yeah, that sounds right, it was glued to a small rock when I got it and now it has completely encrusted the rock and started spreading onto another

Yea you got it from me great growth! Mine branches cauliflower style. 1d6b2f7f7995d9a49eb4bfa66a32c49f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmerek2

that stuff is hardy. I threw a piece in the sump and after a few weeks, it turned brown. I put it back into the light and within another week, was green again.

Good to know, I figured that it might be quite delicate, I was going to try some more SPS just because that one was doing so well.