Being a hobbyist is fun thanks to ERC

ctenophore

As an "industry professional" who deals with all things aquarium equipment related pretty much every day, I really try to make time to be a hobbyist as well.  More importantly, I like to share this experience with my kids, so they see what I do as fun and interesting, not just "daddy's work".  To this end, I've maintained a little 29 gallon tank in my kids' room for the past 12 years or so.  Currently, my youngest (turned 4 yesterday) loves the nightly ritual of feeding the pair of clowns (bred by Doug Arthur about 4 years ago), cleaning the glass with the magnet, and sitting on my lap watching them eat their dinner by the glow of the blue LED moonlights.  Since I get plenty of time to just sit and stare at this tank, I decided that the colors of the orange & red flourescent corals weren't balanced enough; too much orange/red/pink on the left and not enough on the right.  Now it's been a long time since I've actually gone out shopping for coral, and since I had never been up to see Richard's setup in Ijamsville, I decided to take a trip up there yesterday.

Well, I can say that was as much fun as I've had going coral shopping in what seems like forever.  I can't remember seeing as many great corals since when I visited Jason Fox's place many years ago.  Everything was in excellent health and super colorful.  As soon as I walked in, my plan of just picking up one or two little acans just completely vanished.  The best part was I got home and had everything glued down, and by that evening everything was opened up perfectly.  I asked both of my sons if they could notice anything different in the tank, and immediately they picked out the ridiculous orange & pink echinophyllia and psammocora frags.  Both of these guys really don't take much notice of the corals, they just like to watch the fish and snails eat.  So that was a win in my book :)  I think it's time to visit Marco's place soon with them in tow, so they can pick out a new little fish.

Thanks Richard, for an enjoyable visit, talking reef shop with me, and for the great corals.  Folks, I highly recommend ERC- there is definitely something for everyone there!

Justin

rarely do I have a bad experience at any LFS, but I have to agree that Richard goes above and beyond for his customers,  I consider him a good friend rather than a vendor, as far as money spent, I am probably on the lower end of his customers, but the treatment I get whenever I buy from ERC makes me feel like I'm his best Customer.

Keep up the good work, I'm glad others feel the same way I do.

Craig 

Richard makes me feel special. And Marcos too. They are expanding. Richard added more tankage and I think Marcos is adding a mega fish palace

Richard just installed a large display/sales reef in his basement that looks great.  I am glad that I found ERC, great corals at great prices, he's always full of information and very helpful.  Definitely worth the trip, I'm glad he's in Maryland