Good Cheap water pump for mixing

Jhead85

Looking for a good cheap pump to mix salt in a bucket with about 5'lift to pump water back into tank..bought a 120gph but it don't have the power to lift it the hight any suggestions? Only mixing in a 5gallon bucket

I use a mag 18 and mag 9.5 for my water changes. Mixes and heats the water all in one shot.

+1 ^. My mag 7 mixes my water and heats it in my 20g brute and could easily lift it 6 ft if i wanted it to. Im sure you could find a cheaper one but for longevity im not so sure.

*Should have finished reading. Didnt catch the 5 gallon bucket part* ignore my post

Edited by John Ford

for a 5g bucket...maxijet 1200 is about the largest you want to go

i use on in my 55g bin...works fine...little slow when pumping 5 feet up and 10 feet away but works just fine for the price.

buy the colbalt not the marineland ones...do much better with back pressure and are in general better pumps.

colbalt aquatic maxijet 1200.

is what i use for 5 gallon bucket and its turbulent.

avoid the marineland version, i have both and the parts are inferior in the marineland version--you can tell by just visually looking at both versions.

make sure to rinse with fresh water after every use and it will run for a very long time