Sel's 300 gallon total volume tank build

Can I ask why you didn't plumb the returns through the back of the tank? or at the very least just run the piping up the back then down into the top like you have it? all the unions could be hidden from view that way.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tank was already drilled and plumbed that way when I got it so I left it the way it was. The way you suggested would have been the way I would prefer but I just didn't want to mess with it. Not the best option but It works fine though.

I'm glad your experience with the Reeflink went better than mine did. I personally feel like they released a beta product (which is essentially an Echotech Router) which didn't work half the time, and was marked up about four times over what it was worth. 

I digress. Everything is coming together really nicely. 

Your right, I paid $99 bucks for mine. The tech support was awesome. Its definitely not plug and play as the instructions would suggest. It took me about a hour and a tech support phone call but once I got it connected it has been smooth sailing. Anyway, I added a marine beta and three cardinal fish today and I will add some more next weekend. Doing it gradually. Corals in a month or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

bb3e36ef4fda05f55285bbe3eb258460.jpg06e53dd7d1caaae0ab44bbdb3691354f.jpg7cbe6ba884795dd2b486e3d4d139b322.jpg

All done. Last 3 cabinet doors go on today.

So far I have in the tank 5 chromises, 3 sunburst anthias, 1 marine beta, 1 Midas blenny, 1 springeri pseudochromis, 1 large algae blenny, 3 cleaner shrimp, 1 yellow watchman, snails and hermits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

You sure? looks like he has a nip out of his tail :blink:

They are beautiful, I have one and he had to be in his own tank since my other clowns go after him.

I have never had clown mortality or tang mortality in my tank due to aggression.. They have 8 feet to work it out and typically do.. That's why I like big tabks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk