New 475,000 Gallon Build

dandy7200

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I like your building.  Those look like clerestory (spell?) windows to let in lots of light but keep prying eyes from seeing what you're up to.  Great idea if that's what you're doing.

I don't think those are going to remain windows as there is no header over them. I think they just haven't added on OSB yet to those areas. I do agree with you that they would let more light in if those were windows. Sky lights or solar tubes might be a good idea too.

They are clerestory windows!  Although I usually call them eave lights as it is easier to spell :)  They actually don't need headers since they go all the way to the top plate, there are three 5x5 windows on that wall as well that do have headers.  We have made a lot of progress, I will try and update with some photos tonight.

I assume it got sprayed. What is the ceiling and what are those tracks?

Are those Big A$$ Fans...(really that is the name of the company).

1470129_10204947197656593_90086950982465

Ha,Ha, Ha!!!!

You can go as Casper the ghost for Halloween, or you have the start to a really good Ebola protection suit.

Doesn't look like you followed the OSHA  eye protection recommendations :laugh: :laugh:

40 gallons of primer and 30 gallons of paint.  All the interior sheeting is OSB so it really soaked it up.  The tracks are t-8 fluorescent lights.  There are 5 rows of 4 foot lights all wired in series (something like 90 lights and 30 ballast), luckily Justin came out and helped me get those done because it was a serious job.  The fans are not "brand" name big a$$ but they are 8' hvls fans made by Hunter, they work really well.

40 gallons of primer and 30 gallons of paint.  All the interior sheeting is OSB so it really soaked it up.  The tracks are t-8 fluorescent lights.  There are 5 rows of 4 foot lights all wired in series (something like 90 lights and 30 ballast), luckily Justin came out and helped me get those done because it was a serious job.  The fans are not "brand" name big a$$ but they are 8' hvls fans made by Hunter, they work really well.

You guys need some of the Solar Tube skylights.

Those fans look like they will move some air, nice addition.

I tried the eye protection but I couldn't take it!  I did wear the mask the whole time though as I was using oil based so not to raise the chips on the OSB.

You never see professional painters use the eye protection- gets paint on it, or fogs up.

• 2 weeks later...

So without doubt, the most labor intensive part of this whole project for me has been the epoxy floor coating.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  20 hours of diamond grinding, wash rinse repeat.  Wash again, dry, vacuum.  Sweep, vacuum, repeat.  You get the idea :)  But......

15520608200_01073360a3_z.jpg

15705441455_ae77a7f54f_z.jpg

Last few weeks have seen some late nights....

15085488474_edaec7af91_z.jpg

But!!!  We got our final today!!!!  So, one more coat of epoxy on the floor and then moving time :)

Awesome guys!!

Steve is VERY familiar with your pain diamond grinding the floor ;).  Ours took 11 hours to grind for a MUCH smaller space hahahahaha.  But we had glue from prior carpet to also bulldoze through.  I definitely remember how dust covered everything got from that darned process.  But your floor looks SUPERB!

And I can't believe how quickly you guys got that place up and running!!  Congrats on the final approval!!

Where are all the colored flecks that make it beautiful? Gray. It looks so... industrial.  :laugh:

Seriously, guys. Good work. Congratulations on putting this together so quickly. WAMAS is proud to have been with you throughout this journey of yours.

Where are all the colored flecks that make it beautiful? Gray. It looks so... industrial.  :laugh:

Seriously, guys. Good work. Congratulations on putting this together so quickly. WAMAS is proud to have been with you throughout this journey of yours.

I make it beautiful, not some flecks  :smokin:

Seriously, imagine dropping a #6-32 x 1/2" screw that you really need on the floor, flecks are not going to help get that ATO buttoned up and on the shelf :)  Gray, well, when you need 24 gallons of epoxy tomorrow you take the color Sherwin Williams has on the shelf.  Floor coating was kind of a last minute decision, we just happened to have a window of 2 weeks open up between building essentially being done and power company being able to hook us up to the grid.