Good or bad starfish?

icsparks

Do you have a better picture? 

How big is it?

Did you buy it or find it on live rock?

maybe looks like a chocolate star? 

Can't tell with the other pics.

You should be able to add your pics and text to the bottom of this thread so all you info is on one thread. The mods will probably consolidate it.

My guess is asterina. Good or bad? Depends on who you ask.

+1 on asterina. I personally haven't had issues with them, but then again I pull them out when I see them still as they multiply extremely fast and I love my zoas and other corals far more than these little guys.

+1 on asterina as well. I've had issues, usually fine for awhile, but then you get a few that start to harrass your zoas and it's time for all of them to go. Temporarily housing a harlequin shrimp is usually the best way to go when they get out of control, otherwise just pull them when you see them.

Hard to see from the pick but I believe I see some blue in it, I would get rid of it.

Edited by surf&turf

Sorry for extra posts tap talk would connect. It is about 3/4"

No problem, if it is only 3/4" and you did not put it in there it is probably an asterina. As above I remove them every morning on the front glass. They also eat coraline algae which I love.

My guess is asterina. Good or bad? Depends on who you ask.

+3 from me.

I had them in my tank, and never bothered much or cared. Then they started getting on my zoas. Then I started seeing an awful lot of them. Now I siphon them out in my water changes, but otherwise don't worry much about them. If you can get rid of them while the population is low... my advice would be to do it. I know a lot of reefkeepers that are seasoned in this hobby that remove them, and I will stick by tried and true.