Deltec Dealer

johnnybv

We are in the process of becoming the only Authorized Deltec Dealer in the Northern Virginia area. If you have ever thought of buying Deltec products, do your research www.deltecusa.us and visit Byron at the meeting for more information.

Thanks

John

darn you Johnny

Couldn't you have pm'd a few people, my wife isn't going to let me anywhere near BRK now you've advertised you'll be stocking Deltec gear.

She knows i'm like a kid in a very big candy store, you tease.

Just kidding, i'll probably swing by tomorrow

Have a good one :)

Anton

Now this is very cool!

A local Deltec dealer............and for any of you thinking of a Deltec give me a shout I'd be more than happy to extoll the virtues of this brand.

You've heard "you get what you pay for".......few times does it ring more true than with this brand.

Guest Kimo

Do they make a good external skimmer?

Now this is very cool!

A local Deltec dealer............and for any of you thinking of a Deltec give me a shout I'd be more than happy to extoll the virtues of this brand.

You've heard "you get what you pay for".......few times does it ring more true than with this brand.

54322[/snapback]

Do they make a good external skimmer?

They can be run internal or external - matters little to the skimmer. Are they good? Arguably the best skimmer on the market (only Bubble King can really top them).

Simple question - I've heard lots of folks switch from XYZ brand to Deltec.....ever hear of anyone switching from Deltec? (of those who do they move to Bubble King)

Guest mikesroth

Erik... any chance you can convince my wife that I need one??? LOL Unfortunately, she knows how much they are... :bigcry:

she knows how much they are...

Oooohhh man, how did you let that happen? Not sure there anything that can be done once they know how much stuff costs.

Maybe try swapping skimmers often while mumbling "if I only had a Deltec"...

Or

Is there anything she really wants to see in the tank? Something that you could give a reply like I'd really like to get one but we'd need a better skimmer, like a Deltec

:D

Guest mikesroth

LOL... It is our Friend's fault. He bought one by justifying that he just sold a Motorcyle and it was his money to spend. Which of course, didn't work well with the wife. I tried to help by stating what a great price he got....

Why does that work for them when they want to justify a purchase but not for us.

Looks, like I need some help in getting her to like the SPS. She is a Zoas and Ricordia girl, so it is kind of hard to saw we need one... :)

like I need some help in getting her to like the SPS

Can't help ya there - SWMBO doesn't much care for "sticks" either, she likes stuff that "moves"........though she does like clams so that helps....a bit.

Guest mikesroth

OH wait... she does like clams... I think they need a high end skimmer don't they????

Guest Kimo

It's practically REQUIRED.

;)

OH wait... she does like clams... I think they need a high end skimmer don't they????

54380[/snapback]

Actually clams being filter feeders don't like 100% nutrient free water

but hey............you didn't hear me say that :lol:

And while some nutrients are okay.....low nutrients work best

Guest Kimo
Actually clams being filter feeders don't like 100% nutrient free water

but hey............you didn't hear me say that :lol:

And while some nutrients are okay.....low nutrients work best

54385[/snapback]

SSSSSHHHHHH!

I assume you mean 1060 :D

I've been over this with Doug a couple of times (just for my own enlightenment). From a performance standpoint the Turbos & AP series are the same (they match the tank ratings).

Turbos are designed to be drop in & play - no plumbing required. AP series require some form of feed - either from the drain or pump.

They use the Aquabees in the Turbo line for space savings - for a more compact package.

Also - there is absolutely no reason to "upsize" Deltecs, they will preform to the given specs.

Here's a link to a new 1050 (all same = same), every single thread I've seen on Turbos are the same performance as AP series:

Turbo 1050 Thread

Not sure I'd use Rowa in the chamber - might be too much flow?????

SSSSSHHHHHH!

Like I said, skimming is crucial to keeping clams - it is almost mandatory that you'll need to upgrade the skimmer, to do less would be cruel to the animals in your care.

;)

Actually, if you feed flake foods or add frozen foods that has thawed well in a cup of tank water you can have great success keeping clams.

Clams are also great at helping lower down nitrates, much better than say mangroves

are often suggested to do. I do however have about 20 mangroves but they are mostly because I'm a florist and and into plants. I think their awesome once they're rooted and sprouted properly in saltwater.

I use an external "downdraft" skimmer and it's as efficient as any of them out there, but it takes a high volume pressure pump to produce skimmate.

I too have been impressed with deltec but my wallet says no, however you do get what you overpay for.

ssssshhhhhhhhhhh we're trying to help with excuses, not shoot holes in them :lol:

but since we should all aspire to Chip's level of clam keeping I'd take that as gospel.

I too have been impressed with deltec but my wallet says no, however you do get what you overpay for.

Kinda like Tunze some would say :lol:

I use a Turbo1250.  And it's works very well.

54463[/snapback]

I have been using Deltec equipment for a while now and am very familiar with the brand. Nicely engineered stuff with an excellent backing by dealers and the U.S. Distributor Doug Thompson. I have a couple of large Deltec pieces on my tank and they perform flawlessly. They do border on what I will pay as a maxium for what they do. Nice thing is is that if you ever change or move out of the hobby it is stuff that won't be put in the trash because you can't sell it.

Jeff

Folks,

Stopped out at BRK this weekend to p/u coral plugs, mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze and toys for Chip and Edward. Places looks great, great savings on fish, food, huge selection on plumbing fixtures of all kinds including GATE VALVES!

Got to see Johnny's new display tank! Awesome setup! Excellent prices!!!

Howard

Folks,

Stopped out at BRK this weekend to p/u coral plugs, mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze and toys for Chip and Edward. Places looks great, great savings on fish, food, huge selection on plumbing fixtures of all kinds including GATE VALVES!

Got to see Johnny's new display tank! Awesome setup! Excellent prices!!!

Howard

55198[/snapback]

Last chance reminder!!! I will be placing the Deltec order Monday, any last requests?

John