Brad's Rimless. MAME. NanoBox. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

Always a relief to come back from being gone for a week and the tank looks clean and clear.

I ordered 10 chromis, 3 lyretail anthias, and a rainford goby on black friday.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mangroves are doing just fine under LED. And I've only been running them at 45%. Aluminum wire came last week so I can start shaping the branches.

groves%201130_zpsswfablgy.jpg

groves%201130%202_zpsvtz4o321.jpg

As always, unique.

I'm digging how you took the freshwater garden approach with the saltwater slope macro concept. Probably make your money back trimming those macros in no time. Those duncans are really pretty, I've not seen the orange looking types over this way. What's the plan for the left hand side?

Nice Bro

Thanks!

As always, unique.

I'm digging how you took the freshwater garden approach with the saltwater slope macro concept. Probably make your money back trimming those macros in no time. Those duncans are really pretty, I've not seen the orange looking types over this way. What's the plan for the left hand side?

Thanks man. They're just regular Duncan's I got from ERC a while ago. Maybe they look a little more brown/orangish from not being under blue light?

They're just regular Duncan's I got from ERC a while ago. Maybe they look a little more brown/orangish from not being under blue light?

I've got mine under white light and they are super green and blue.

Hmmmm idk.

Here is a pic from that 18" cube I had when I first moved to California

IMG_7133_zpsa5bb9cf1.jpg

I think it might just be stressed a little from a long dip and it hasn't been in the best water conditions over the last few months of transferring tanks.

I'm looking at it now without the 2 6700k t5's on and it still has the nice green centers. Think the picture just got washed out.

I'm looking at it now without the 2 6700k t5's on and it still has the nice green centers. Think the picture just got washed out.

I'd say you're correct:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(edited)

I can't stop staring at the tank, so I decided to take some pics. Water is a little murky, but the fish are looking great. All are very active.

chromis%20red%20grape_zpskp3qjl2y.jpg

anthias%20red%20grape_zps9ccrgcmp.jpg

chromis%20anthias_zpsxwkvbv01.jpg

Murky long view

tank_zps5f6nivbt.jpg

Edited by brad908

So cool. One of my favorite tanks. Love the minimalism. 

Thanks! Glad I've gone with a ton of fish in this tank, makes it so much fun to watch. 16 fish are currently in the tank, and I suspect the chromis number will always fluctuate since they always kill each other. Probably max the tank out at 20 fish.

where'd you get the fish?

Unique corals. They had 20% off on black Friday and they do $15 shipping within California. Think I might stop going to the LFS and only go through UC.

The LFS 10 minutes away always has diseased fish and the rest are in the East Bay, which isn't convenient at all and a $5 toll going across the bridge.

Awesome. Digging the fish.

Let me know how those macros grow. Thinking about doing some in the nano, but don't want to have to trim all the time.

Awesome. Digging the fish.

Let me know how those macros grow. Thinking about doing some in the nano, but don't want to have to trim all the time.

They grow quick. That's way trimmed down to when I took them out from the old 18" cube.

Love the last shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Yea, the milky white water from adding new sand gave it a nice look.

I broke my ELOS ATO, so I need a replacement, and I need an auto feeder before our Christmas vacation.

I'll be really impressed when you actually grow it out, challenge accepted?