Fe, K, I levels in reef crystals

RW09903

Hello Wamas! Does anyone know the Fe, K and I levels in reef crystals? I tested my levels with the Red Sea Coral Color test kit and notice the K and Fe levels were low. Iodine was fine as I have been dosing weekly.

Why are you testing? Any weird unexplainable color loss or something? I was thinking of getting that kit once, but nearly every comment on forums was basically, don't bother with testing those.

Why are you testing? Any weird unexplainable color loss or something? I was thinking of getting that kit once, but nearly every comment on forums was basically, don't bother with testing those.

More or less dull coloration in some of my SPS. I would like to bring out the colors more and I read up on various elements which help.

http://www.rudyv.be/Aquarium/sels.pdf

Table 1. Elemental compostion of synthetic sea salts for marine aquaria. SW = seawater; 1 = Instant
Ocean, 2 = Tropic Marin, 3 = Marine Mix, 4 = Reef Crystals, 5 = Rea Sea Salt, 6 = Kent, 7 = Coralife,
8 = SeaChem Reef, MW = molecular weight, g mol-1, TA = total alkalinity (mequiv kg-1).

This breaks them all down with whats in them.

Thanks for the link.

Your very welcome.  I wonder if we could make that link permanent.  You are not the first I have seen asking for that info.

Try dosing K, otherwise known as potassium. Zeo says with aow nutrient system it should help with color. I went through a bottle, can't say it did much, then again, I'm nowhere near a low nutrient system.

Red sea makes something for color and it apparently works.  There is a whole system for growth and color.  During a growth phase the color isnt there.  

Boron and potassium help red corals.

Iron, Manganese, cobolt, copper, Aluminum, zinc, chrome and nickel help green and yellow corals.

silver, gold, vandium and tungsten help blue and purple

Edited by Keraxis