Been a while.. pics of my 30 shallow macro dominated tank

GOSKN5

Been a while since I posted.. I have moved closer to Richmond and really need to pay to join and get in on the members section

Have about 12 macros, mangroves... a few corals and 3 nems...

mydujy9e.jpg

azysa7e6.jpg

yre7eny8.jpg

ytuvy8a5.jpg

4u5e5epe.jpg

e3eqy8at.jpg

u6ydu3y3.jpg

Get your act together! The best $30 you will ever spend.

Very cool looking tank

Nice looking tank. What fish do you have? You should become a paying member and start a thread in the dedicated tank forum. I'd like to here more about your setup.

Looking good. What kind of birdsnest do you have?

Thanks..It's a ponape.. it's the only SPS in the tank and was one of my first corals several years ago... it was a huge colony but I moved tanks and smashed it to pieces.... saved as many of the big pieces as I could and pieced together what's in there now... hardy piece been through a lot with me haha

Love to see a FTS.

Bruce

I can snap one this evening when the lights are on

Nice looking tank. What fish do you have? You should become a paying member and start a thread in the dedicated tank forum. I'd like to here more about your setup.

Thank you..I plan on doing that for sure... fish are currently: orange skunk clown, Tailspot blenny, bangaii cardinal, 1 chromis, and a pair of ORA cleaner hybrid cleaner gobies (sold as as pair but had as divorce on the way here I guess :) )

Thanks for sharing! I think some pipes would be cool in there if you drop the nem.

Yea i agree.. although I love the nems so that's not gonna happen... also hate fish that are hard to feed etc.. I always worry about them too much... that's why most of my fish are common good eaters haha

(edited)

We will see long term how well they stay happy... some of these were recently added... but it's plenty of light... Radion pro lighting...

Maintenance at this point is just dosing two part and 5 gallon (or so) weekly water changes... we will see

Edited by GOSKN5

You might be right... it's hard for me to skip water changes haha as I have always been a big believer of them... but for macros you are right i should probably allow them to remove the nutrients...

Will do... I have about 12 kinds of macro now... several have been in for a while and grown and been trimmed numerous times... some were added about two months ago and have grown well... maybe 4-6 were added within the last two weeks or so.... so we will see.. I have read that iodine is important to macros... may need to test for that and see if needed at some point...

Really beautiful!  I love macros and find that they really help keep a tank healthy!  I'd love to hear more about your setup.  Join!