Planning to get back into hobby

By the way, I have kept a group of sexy shrimp in my 90g, no problem finding them (sometimes individuals cannot be seen, but they stay in a group usually). Right now I am down to 3-4, at one point I had like 6. They took to my frogspawn as a host (they are an anemone shrimp so they prefer to have a host of some kind).

I would definitely NOT do a galaxea in a nano. I have my colony in the middle of the tank because it is the only place I can fit him and his sweepers. I will not be buying another when I re-do my tank, they are gorgeous but a pain in the butt for smaller tanks.

Ha ha I know I said peaceful, but I'm OK with animals that 'bully' coralline algae. Especially on glass.

I think I remember reading that urchins can actually help spread coralline algae, because they scrape bits of it off as they're eating it, and it propagates it around the tank.

Yes, they can help it to grow faster by increasing its surface area when grazing. I've noticed some areas where it's been removed, but also some increased growth. If that's the tradeoff for red turf algae removal, I'll take it. If only they ate bryopsis, they would be the perfect reef creature.

Ha! So much for a peaceful tank. BANG. BANG. BANG.

Couldn't be any louder than my pistol shrimp. I had a Peacock Mantis for a short time, and I never heard him clicking or banging. My pistol cracks all night, and some times during the day, but not enough to be a huge inconvenience. IMO they are the one of the most personable creatures you can keep in a reef tank. Let me live vicariously through you!

Yes, they can help it to grow faster by increasing its surface area when grazing. I've noticed some areas where it's been removed, but also some increased growth. If that's the tradeoff for red turf algae removal, I'll take it. If only they ate bryopsis, they would be the perfect reef creature.

Wow, they get the red turf, does that include the red cyano type? If so I'll be ordering a handful!

Couldn't be any louder than my pistol shrimp. I had a Peacock Mantis for a short time, and I never heard him clicking or banging. My pistol cracks all night, and some times during the day, but not enough to be a huge inconvenience. IMO they are the one of the most personable creatures you can keep in a reef tank. Let me live vicariously through you!

I have two small conures. More than enough noise for one condo! I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy" the neighbors seethe about.

Besides, don't they hide in crevices/burrows most of the time?

Not sure what semi-carless means.

It was an old 2 seater convertible with reliability issues. So technically I had a car, but I couldn't haul anything, and I was scared to drive it for more than very short distances.

Wow, they get the red turf, does that include the red cyano type? If so I'll be ordering a handful!

My pistol shrimp & YWG pair are the favorite parts of my tank!  

• 2 weeks later...

Wahoo! Now fill this Thad with pictures!!,!,!!,!

Also, I had a very...interesting experience with sexy shrimp...cannabalism..yes 1 ate about 5.... He did get huge..but it was very sad...I thought the others were hiding..but alas I found one in his mouth one day...and then a befitting death came his way..as my mystery wrasse inhaled him,lol

Wahoo! Now fill this Thad with pictures!!,!,!!,!

Also, I had a very...interesting experience with sexy shrimp...cannabalism..yes 1 ate about 5.... He did get huge..but it was very sad...I thought the others were hiding..but alas I found one in his mouth one day...and then a befitting death came his way..as my mystery wrasse inhaled him,lol

Yikes. I'll have to make sure to special order non-cannibals. Right now the vision is a tank full of sexy inverts... A gaggle of sexy shrimps... with some pompom crabs acting as cheerleaders. Maybe a fish or two, I don't know.

H-E-double hockey sticks no! Evil buggers.

I want everyone to be friends and get along and rainbows and cookies and unicorns, etc.

Sooooo... thats a no to cage fights.  

Lol I was about to say I've got a 55g and a 30g that are just sitting taking up space, but you've got the tank! Looking forward to seeing what happens here :)