Who is going to MACNA this year (Denver)?

wade

Just bought tickets tonight.  Will be my first ever MACNA meeting.  Cool to know there will be other WAMASians there.  Should we have some kind-of secret wardrobe symbol or color to wear so we can spot each other in the crowds?  What are these blinky things?  Sounds like a good idea.  Oh wait I got another option - everyone from WAMAS wear your t-shirts backwards.  Then we'll know :)

Just bought tickets tonight.  Will be my first ever MACNA meeting.  Cool to know there will be other WAMASians there.  Should we have some kind-of secret wardrobe symbol or color to wear so we can spot each other in the crowds?  What are these blinky things?  Sounds like a good idea.  Oh wait I got another option - everyone from WAMAS wear your t-shirts backwards.  Then we'll know :)

We will be very easy to spot. Most of us wear embroidered shirts to show wear we are from. LED blinkies are a good bet too.

Ya'll should get sponsorship from Ecotech or Geissemann or someone with LEDs to provide blinkies.  Of course, carrying around power supplies tucked into your belt might get a bit tiring, but I guarantee you wouldn't be missed then!

I'm going to strap my old generation 2 radion onto a hat, and carry around a few ecotech battery backups in a wagon.

Look for a WAMAS shirt or logo... I'll be wearing mine on most, if not all, days. It's one means of breaking the ice with some exhibitors and speakers, to hopefully develop some interest in our community.

• 3 weeks later...

Which talks are you all most looking forward to attending? And which booths do you really want to visit?

Edited by Sharkb8

Please come buy and see our brand new trade show booth at #708. We will be making an announcement on Saturday and have exclusive video footage playing on our HD TV that no one else at the show will have. I promise it will not disappoint!

Larry

BBEAF610-89E9-4082-9CCA-9C262C4734D9_zps

Edited by ReefFrenzy

I finally got my hotel and flight settled. Though I do not have transport from airport>downtown yet.  Anyone else flying in very early Friday? Leaving late Sunday?

I'm going via Dulles although we return at nearly the same time.  Perhaps we can ride share back to DEN Sunday.

Wade, I'm on Southwest 4191, 8am BWI -> 11:15am DEN on Fri

4513 on return, 5pm -> 10:30pm Sunday

I will actually be in Denver that weekend. I may stop by for a single day if I have time. 

I'm going to be laid over in Denver....too bad it's not enough time to do anything!!!

I am confused about the schedule. The talks are an hour long but the workshops start on the half hour and the talks on the hour. So if you attend a workshop you risk missing two talks? That makes no sense to me. And there's little to no information about the workshops, I.e., what will be demonstrated or discussed. Can one of the MACNA veterans enlighten me on how best to plan this out? I feel like I want to attend all the talks and all the workshops but without cloning myself I see that's not possible...

I am going through MACNA withdrawals.  It was an awesome conference.  I really enjoyed all the talks and learned so much.  Even cruising the vendor booths was very informative and helpful.  Definitely got some ideas of how not to run a MACNA conference as well.  Denver did a great job, but there were definitely some complaints as evidenced by the comments on their app.  I can't wait for next year.  Already looking forward to it!