bristle worms good or bad?

Fritz0id3937

And if you touch them you get bristles stuck in your finger

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

yeah, i'm not big on gloves when I have my hands in my tank, so I have to be careful, although it's not really painful, just freaks you out.

I will however be wearing gloves the next time I mess with my Paly's, I was sick as a dog over the 4th of July weekend after man handling my Paly's barehand for about an hour re arranging LR, I have done this dozens of times before and always been fine, I must have had an open cut on my hands or something.

I wouldnt worry about bristle worms, like someone else said they are free CuC + once they are in your system you're probably stuck with them anyway. 

I've seen coral banded shrimp pull them out of the sand and eat them, but the bristleworms always reproduced more rapidly than the predators.  I think they're good for your sand bed but its always a pain to get those stings in your fingers.

I don't even notice them, unless I peer at night, they don't bother me, and you will reap the rewards if them eating poo, clean tank!

Bristle worms are good.  Like they said above, they are part of the CUC.  Just don't touch them.  I use to think they were bad when I first started my tank but now I get worried when I don't see them.

I don't like them when they get big...small ones...I'm fine with :)

We tend to grab and flush the really big ones,lol with gloves or my aquarium tongs...one time I did accidentally touch a larger one...the big bristles HURT

Cool, I like all the weird little life you get in saltwater tanks, makes FW seem so boring. Was just wondering what other ppl thought of them. How big is big enough to warrant a toilet flushing?

They don't get THAT big. I like to put a flashlight on my tank at night after dumping some food in. It is seriously the creepiest thing. You don't see any usually during the day, but setting a trap at night with bait or just dumping some food with lights out brings them out by the hundreds. Try it, you probably have 10x more than you think.

I never flush - if they get "too big" I throw them in the fuge.  They help clean up food the fish missed - what's not to like?  I only watch the population in the seahorse tank (where there are no predators) and in my little pico with the flaming prawn goby (don't want anything too big in with that tiny fish) - those I'll catch periodically and toss in other tanks.  Other than that, clean away!

They don't get THAT big.

I think there is a member on here with a bristle that is gigantic, Worm, is his handle I think. Also, ask Jenn about her 2' sump bristle worm experience!