Are these eggs?

TonyInVa

I have had this bonded pair of Clowns for several years. I assume these are eggs or should I say future food. Am I correct? I don't assume there is anything I can do to keep them alive if I can get them to another tank.

post-2632197-0-22744100-1403832012_thumb.jpg

............ and an orangeish color. Also seems to wave in the current a bit.

color and wave - both are what the eggs of my clowns look like.

The other thing to look for, at least in my case, is that the male clown is always near it, like it is guarding them.  Mine get to the point where you can see the 2 little eyes.  They then all disappear over night.  I only have the pair of clowns in the nana so looks like he was just guarding his food !

(edited)

The male is guarding. You can see his head in the picture. How long before they hatch?

Edited by TonyInVa

The male is guarding. You can see his head in the picture. How long before they hatch?

A little over a week or so, some times they disappear in less than a week.

Yes, they are eggs. Usually hatch in 8 days. Once the eggs get clear and you see their eyes, they will hatch the following night.

What above said is true.. They are eggs.. The male clown normally tends to the eggs :-) if this is their first time breeding the male will eat the eggs until he gets the hang of things with keeping them clean.