I need your photos for a website...

• 1 month later...

Isn't that kind of misleading? I would think that in order to show what you're capable of on such a website, that the pictures are all of the tanks that you currently maintain.

Ideally, yes, they would all be mine. I just don't have enough that are good enough and I know tons of people on here have some amazing things. Even if every shot didn't come out of my tanks it lets people know the kinds of stuff they can have and what I can do for them.

So do you have have pics or no?

Even if every shot didn't come out of my tanks it lets people know the kinds of stuff they can have and what I can do for them.

So do I understand you correctly?

You want pics of creatures we have taken care of in our tanks so you can show what you can do for them?

Does you company actually do the maintenance, walking, caring for, or mostly sub it out to smaller businesses?

Ideally, yes, they would all be mine. I just don't have enough that are good enough and I know tons of people on here have some amazing things. Even if every shot didn't come out of my tanks it lets people know the kinds of stuff they can have and what I can do for them.

So do you have have pics or no?

I will tell you as a business owner, that started my own company in 1989 and still runs it, that your best bet is word of mouth and hard work. You may not get the "dream projects"  you want right away, I think the first dream project I got took 2 years. But if you under promise and over deliver with all of your clients, and do what you say you are going to do, it goes a long way in building a business. Now if you have a lot of money and want to go the "stock photo" route you will get clients, you just may not keep them if you don't do as I mentioned before. Take it for what it's worth, But that picture of you with the dog is better then any stock photo (unless that is not you) ;)   . Remember you are taking care of peoples pets which are like children to some people. If people find someone they like they tend to stay with them.  Good Luck with your company.

Thank you, that is exactly the kind of stuff I like to find.

Yes, I am looking for stock type photos. I may not have an amazing shot of a flame wrasse or something like that, but if someone on here does I could still use it on the site as an example of the type of fish my clients would be able to have.

Yes, we do the maintenance. Right now the load is getting pretty heavy though so I am looking for either an employee or independent contractor to help keep the expansion going.

I think people didn't understand what you wanted.  Stock shots for sale purposes makes sense and thats what your looking for.  Using other peoples shots as a look at what I have done would be unethical which is what people thought you wanted.